auto transfer distributions from vang. to fidelity

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
what is the best way to have any distributions made in my vanguard accounts transfered automatically to my fidelity core account ?

Mathjak
Have you linked your Vanguard clearing account to your Fidelity clearing account?
If so you should be able schedule on Vanguard to make a fix $ distribution to your Fido clearing account on whatever date best fits your distributions.
For example, if you know every month you have $100 of distribution in your Vanguard cash account by the 10th, schedule a transfer to the Fido clearing account of the desired amount a couple days later
Personally not having a lot of confidence in Vanguard' administrative excellence, I would set my transfer amount below the expected total to be sure it did not get kicked out. You can then always tune once you get confidences all the parties are doing their thing. I suspect you will need to manually intervene at least at year end to cover any mutual funds year end $
Nwsteve

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

I have my Vanguard distributions go directly into my checking account at my bank. I do have a Fido Cash Management account which they could be sent to as well since it is a checking account. Is that the same thing as a core account?

I guess it isn't. So then the problem is how to automatically go from Fido Cash Management to Fido Brokerage Core.

I keep my Fido cash at zero in all accounts there.

Last edited:
i found on vanguard where to set up the transfer of distributions to a bank account so being i had already established that i shifted them to go there.

from there i can utilize them the same as my cma account at fidelity .

i am trying to centralize all my spending transactions in to one location.

Nice. I have always logged onto vanguard to transfer funds to my bank. I never thought to set this up automatically - I'll look into the mechanism of doing this. Thanks !

Rich

Nice. I have always logged onto vanguard to transfer funds to my bank. I never thought to set this up automatically - I'll look into the mechanism of doing this. Thanks !

Rich

+1

You can set it up online - see the "Automatic Withdrawal" option located at the lower right on the My Accounts page after you log in:

Attachments

• Acct.JPG
    Acct.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom