Bahamas... 395 thousand people and....

The administration has proposed cutting NOAA's budget to about $4.5 billion for fiscal year (FY) 2020, a drop of about 18%, nearly $1 billion, compared with the agency's FY 2019 enacted budget.

When NOAA can actually stop a hurricane, rather than just attempt to predict it, it would be better. Who knew that NOAA would have a $5.5 Billion dollar budget? That is a lot of money. It probably doesn't even count the money that is spent by our military flying the planes into the hurricane.

I wonder if they predict the weather for the entire world, and what other countries do to help or spend.

Here is how to stop hurricanes.

Last edited:
Yes, more pics will be coming, but I think we've seen enough already to have a good idea of the devastation on the northern Bahama Islands, and it's catastrophic. I don't know where all the $$ for rebuilding is going to come from for a lot of these people, that don't have a lot of resources to fall back on. The tourism economy is destroyed for the foreseeable future, as Amethyst said, so that's not going to generate any $$.

I've yet to see a single storm photo or video, but I don't watch a lot of TV news. Fortunately interest rates are low, so rebuilding loans will be that much easier to come by and service.

Back
Top Bottom