Balancing: Trim some off some equity, and put it into... what?

azanon said:
My best performer has been my utility sector fund JPatrick, (ticker BULIX).

I think there's plenty of uproom still too.
Utilities have had (and are still having) a fine run.  Ordinarily rising rates would be a problem, but I think the "energy bill" has some provisions that will keep many of them alive.  I hold CIN and use their great DRIP every month.  They are going to be eaten by DUK in the future which is all the better. :)

I don't want to be a bulletin board deadbeat, by asking a question and never getting back on it...

UPDATE -

Thanks to all that responded  :)

I wasn't clear enough in my original post, some may not have realized that I'm ER'd.  Into the 4th year now, no safety net till SS starts, which is years (and years) away.

I had not rebalanced before.  I had been letting my equity side grow to let it get up to my desired 60/40 allocation.

It had exceeded that, and with living expenses coming out of the after-tax fixed side, the equity percentage would have grown even if the equity market plateau'd.  I had been suffering from analysis paralysis of where to put it, so I finally went ahead and rebalanced on the recent market peak, swept it into a MM to wait out the next decision of where to put it.

Back
Top Bottom