Bank and Brokerage New Money Incentives

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A lot of these expire soon and some are not advertised. Example: I went in to E trade to add funds and the agent advised : " add just 1k more and get a new money bonus. "

Had no previous notice from e trade and the agent had to apply the incentive to the account before the deposit . If I had just done an electronic deposit , no bonus.

It sure paid to walk into the brick and mortar location today.

Timely.
I'm hoping people post new money or brokerage incentives, as we just had a loan pay off and plunk 180k in our Discover 2% savings account. We had already taken advantage of the EBSBdirect.com 2.5% savings account - we could open another account with them, but their online and telephone presence is a bit, uhm, scary. The 3% Robinhood account doesn't fill me with that secure feeling either. I want to stay liquid, so maybe something like a big brokerage house money market account with a fat new money bonus?

HSBC bank incentive

HSBC was offering $ 750 ($ 0850 with invitation post card) to open a 50k savings account. Not sure if it is still going on

http://www.us.hsbc.com/offers

EDIT link added

Last edited:
And of course Ally Bank just had that 1% cash back deal. Made me a quick and easy $1,000. with a $100,000. deposit.

Timely.
I'm hoping people post new money or brokerage incentives, as we just had a loan pay off and plunk 180k in our Discover 2% savings account. We had already taken advantage of the EBSBdirect.com 2.5% savings account - we could open another account with them, but their online and telephone presence is a bit, uhm, scary. The 3% Robinhood account doesn't fill me with that secure feeling either. I want to stay liquid, so maybe something like a big brokerage house money market account with a fat new money bonus?

ML has bonus offers for new monies.

We are both in on the Ally 1% bonus and have as much as I want to risk with EBSBdirect. Merrill is tempting, we have BofA/Merrill cards and could bump up our return on them with Premium status, but I thought there was an IRA stipulation, and I'm IRA free. If a money market at ML works it is tempting. Nice list of bank offers - DoctorofCredit is a big favorite.

We are both in on the Ally 1% bonus and have as much as I want to risk with EBSBdirect. Merrill is tempting, we have BofA/Merrill cards and could bump up our return on them with Premium status, but I thought there was an IRA stipulation, and I'm IRA free. If a money market at ML works it is tempting. Nice list of bank offers - DoctorofCredit is a big favorite.

The Merrill offer is IRA or CMA money market type account.
The money market account has a minimum deposit of 100k paying 1.97% currently, which does lag Fidelity and Vanguard.
If it is new money, then the bonus is $375.

Which is nice, but I need to get the numbers up. $61.70/year isn't worth the extra line in Quicken.

I completely understand. I agonized over whether it was worth it for such a small amount, but then just considered it as if I were getting a very good $1000 CD.

Additionally, you can open another for your spouse to double it.

Anyhow, it is a very good rate, even if only for a smallish amount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom