Barclays Trailblazer Index

Souschef

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW has an annuity, and she just got a hustle to move some of the funds into this Trailblazers index.
I went on line to the Barclay website, and below is their description:
Barclays is a global leader in Quantitative Investment Strategies. The Barclays Indices are a diverse family of systematic non-discretionary trading strategy indices available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives and alternative investments.
This pegs my BS meter. I would appreciate any comments.

The only possible reason for this pitch is to make more money for them, money that can only come from your DW.

Seems popular with annuity managers. A good reason to run away.

But their own information shows that it would have trailed the S&P 500 for most of the last ten years.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 5.32.30 AM.jpg

Barclays is a global leader in Quantitative Investment Strategies. The Barclays Indices are a diverse family of systematic non-discretionary trading strategy indices available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives and alternative investments.
This pegs my BS meter. I would appreciate any comments.

That statement is a bunch of fancy words to impress someone without any or very limited financial knowledge. It tells nothing specific, gives no information as to what the actual investments are, or even a strategy for the investing. I completely agree with your assessment, it is 100% BS.

Rule of Thumb: The more complicated an investment product is, the more likely it is that it was designed to make money for the seller, not to make money for you.

Seems popular with annuity managers. A good reason to run away.

But their own information shows that it would have trailed the S&P 500 for most of the last ten years.

View attachment 32840

Yeah but since it is a proprietary index they can tweek it anytime they wish and presto change-o it beats the S&P.

Yeah but since it is a proprietary index they can tweek it anytime they wish and presto change-o it beats the S&P.
Only if they tweak it correctly, which they haven't been really doing 8 of the last 10 years. A tweak now doesn't change historical returns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom