BCBS applying online or agent

Steve s

Recycles dryer sheets
Preparing to get wife BCBS plan G and when I go to site I have the option to apply on line or through agent. Is there a benefit of going through an agent if we know what plan we want. She is turning 65 so it is pretty straight forward. We do our prescription on line so wondered if there is a benefit of using an agent. We do have many BCBS agents in the area. Thanks

... Is there a benefit of going through an agent ...
I would turn the question on its head and ask "Is there any negative to using an agent?"

A good agent knows more than you do about the insurance landscape. Worst case he/she confirms the wisdom of your decision, costing you nothing. Best case he/she guides you to a better decision. IOW, it's all upside.

DW an I both used an agent. He came to our house to explain the choices, which we already had decided on. He confirmed our choices and filled out the paperwork right there on our dining room table. We felt better that we filled out the application correctly.

There is no extra cost to you if the agent is involved. So why not?

The only negative we found is that an agent usually has other "products" that they will try to promote later on. Although it is very low, almost nonexistent pressure.

Is there a benefit of going through an agent...
A good agent will be there after the sale to help with provider billing and Medicare payment issues. While the following is from Boomer Benefits, any good agent will provide these services.

Our clients never have to call Medicare or an insurance company and sit on hold. Call our office and WE handle your service needs.

We fix billing errors. We write Medicare appeals. We solve pharmacy exceptions when you can’t get your medication.

Reference: https://boomerbenefits.com/faq/why-do-i-need-an-agent/

Back
Top Bottom