Best Pumpkin Pie I’ve Ever Had

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I’m not even fond of pumpkin pie, but I usually have a couple slices every Fall. But DW made this one, and it’s so much better than any pumpkin I’ve had in 65 years, it may become a favorite dessert of mine.

The recipe is longish, but it’s not hard. The maple and bourbon flavors are very subtle - you can taste them if you know, but if you weren’t told I don’t think you’d pick out either. And brûlée is a really nice touch, but not essential - we tried it with and without.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/bruleed-bourbon-maple-pumpkin-pie

https://youtu.be/Sk5TFr-HOyE

Last edited:
Looks delicious. Pumpkin pie used to be the only pie I liked. Until I finally talked myself into pecan pie and discovered my lust for it as well. This is certainly pie season. Thanks for the recipe.

I love pumpkin pie. I did not even know anyone actually made it, I always thought it was bought.

It looks great, I may have to buy one.

Looks delicious. Pumpkin pie used to be the only pie I liked. Until I finally talked myself into pecan pie and discovered my lust for it as well. This is certainly pie season. Thanks for the recipe.

I love pecan pie. But....Mrs Scrapr hated it with a white hot passion. Could not even have it in the house. LOL It's been a long time

*we had a few pieces at her Celebration of Life. That was on the menu for me. They were all gone by the time I got to the desert table

Pecan pie for me with no chocolate.
Haven't seen tons of it down south here, but consume great key lime pies.

Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite. I love any pie though. LOL Looks great.

Note that what was called "Grade B" maple syrup at the time this recipe was published is now called "Grade A dark." Marketing and all.

Looks like a fantastic recipe. I have a pie pumpkin on the kitchen table that needs to be used soon; I might have to go flesh out the rest of the recipe on my shopping list later this week. Thanks!

Thanks for the recipe... Looks like the standard pumpkin pie filling with the additions of the maple syrup and bourbon.

My family are all huge pecan pie fans... but for thanksgiving I always make both pies.

Pecan I like, but usually too sweet for more than a little. I'm in the middle of a pumpkin - eating that is - at this moment

Back
Top Bottom