Best Room for US on a Cruise Ship?

Actually T-Mobile gives you unlimited data and text messaging in about 200 countries but at extremely slow 2G speed, fine for getting email or WhatsApp but not for GPS or internet surfing. But mostly it does the trick for me.

Actually T-Mobile gives you unlimited data and text messaging in about 200 countries but at extremely slow 2G speed, fine for getting email or WhatsApp but not for GPS or internet surfing. But mostly it does the trick for me.

GPS does not use any data IF you download the maps for the countries before your trip.
I know as my phone has zero data in the plan and I use GPS.

Just like car GPS does not need data plans, as they have the maps downloaded already.

We primarily cruise Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise lines. Loyalty does pay by providing discounts and perks. We book directly through the cruise line typically. You may find a better price elsewhere, but lose a perk. It all balances out. They’ll make their money and you’ll have fun.

+1 but just with Royal Caribbean.

We use Cricket and unfortunately except for Canada/Mexico, there is no texting abroad, but do get emails.

If you want a dark room with the least amount of movement then it is an inside cabin in the middle of the ship on the lowest deck. I can't help you with the noise. It will depend on the number of kids and drunks.

When we were first cruising, were close enough to drive to the port, and had to consider cost we used Carnival. Not something I would recommend if you don't want a lot of noise from the above mentioned sources. Celebrity is our cruise line of choice now.

Cheers!

We cruise Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Celebrity has an older crowd and usually not very many kids on board, especially with a longer itinerary. Royal caters more towards families and will have a lot more kids on board.

We prefer Celebrity but still book a cruise on Royal every year. We book thru cruises-n-more because they give you around 8% of the cruise fare in on-board credit and many times have a group rate as well.

Just in case it hasn't been said, it depends on the company. Here you go for Princess:
- no one goes behind the art dept. If in a grand class ship, that would be P305-328
- if wanting a balcony, midship on Caribe deck for the larger balconies
- a Royal class ship here's the stateroom previews: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E602-E703

Bottom line: Dolphin can be noisy until 11pm as it's above the entertainment. Caribe has largest balconies. Baja is fine. Aloha / Lido are prone to foot traffic as they are pathways to pools & buffet. Midship is not sensitive to currents. Look at size. 170 sq ft sounds large but not with the layout.

I would ensure my own comfort by bringing ear plugs, and some way of blocking the morning light. If noise is an issue, turn on a white noise app on your phone so it drowns out exterior noise...no reason to stress about what can't control.

Back
Top Bottom