Best stream to watch Coronavirus Task Force press briefings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triangle

Recycles dryer sheets
There are a number of youtube live feeds to watch the daily press briefings but unlike official congressional events the video feeds are not all the same. My question is have you found a news company that does a good job of showing the charts when someone like Dr. Birx is presenting? Most networks focus the camera on the person rather than the monitor when information is being presented.

When I do tune-in it usually on youtube and sometimes a roku news channel (e.g. CBSN, CNNgo, Fox, etc.). I do not have cable TV service. Thanks.

As one possible answer to my own question. I was just watching Gen. Todd Semonite presentation of what the Army Corp of Engineers is doing to build field hospitals. CBSN was not showing the slides. Switched over to ABC News Live and they had a good PIP presentation of both his slides and him talking.

I don't watch. I do check on the John Hopkins Dashboard and my good old UW (IHME) to see how the numbers and curves look.

heh heh heh - DW sometimes watches a little. :cool:

I don't watch. I do check on the John Hopkins Dashboard and my good old UW (IHME) to see how the numbers and curves look.

heh heh heh - DW sometimes watches a little. :cool:

+1. I catch up on any facts that were useful from NPR’s recaps.

I go to my state's website as I find their information more reliable and relevant.

+1. I catch up on any facts that were useful from NPR’s recaps.
+1. I mostly get highlights on PBS Newshour and YouTube. You couldn't pay me to watch the briefings live, too much misinformation (to be kind). I want to hear what Fauci and Birx have to say, and little else from the WH.

I am surprised the networks are still televising these daily "briefings." I like to tune in to the only local news channel in my area for the weather forecast at 5:30pm and it constantly gets preempted by these nonsensical diatribes. Also, they do not cut away for commercials so the local network is not getting advertising revenue during these briefings.

I am surprised the networks are still televising these daily "briefings." I like to tune in to the only local news channel in my area for the weather forecast at 5:30pm and it constantly gets preempted by these nonsensical diatribes. Also, they do not cut away for commercials so the local network is not getting advertising revenue during these briefings.
CNN and MSNBC stopped airing them in their entirety, but I would rather see highlights after anyway. I don't care to see any of the BS that overshadows the useful information. Our local major network affiliates aren't covering them fully anymore either - they cut in for local news as they see fit.

Where can I find an "indexed" version after the fact, to find a topic I want to see?
Last Friday (?) I tuned in at about 7:15 Eastern time, and some guy I never saw before was talking about how many tests are needed:
1) test until you get about 10% positive.
2) contact trace them & you will find 5-6 more people per positive to test.
3) chain of logic showing that this adds up to 4 million tests given a starting example of 100,000.

I only know where to find the archived videos of the entire briefings, but would also like to know if anyone knows of an indexed version.

Agreed. The one comment on this thread that doesn't show an obvious political bias. JH is about as neutral as they come.

I only know where to find the archived videos of the entire briefings, but would also like to know if anyone knows of an indexed version.

How do you find the archived ones? If I can download the video, I can fast forward...

And how do I get notified of the (theoretical) start time of a briefing? I just turn the sound off until I see who is speaking.

+1. I mostly get highlights on PBS Newshour and YouTube. You couldn't pay me to watch the briefings live, too much misinformation (to be kind). I want to hear what Fauci and Birx have to say, and little else from the WH.
LOL. I would rather hear from primary sources rather than what Judy Woodruff and her producer thinks. Also it is revealing to hear what is important to Yamiche Alcindor by the questions she asks (as well as the other reporters). I am still a regular viewer of the PBS Newshour even though their reporting and framing of issues has gotten more partisan over time. There is no live sports so the whitehouse and state briefings are the closest thing to any drama.

I have been using this down time to do some household repairs, currently doing a lot of painting. I find it better to listen to the Federal and State briefings (replay or live) in the background rather than listen to talk radio.

This ABC News Live channel is pretty good. They were showing Schumer and Pelosi give their take on the $484 billion interim coronavirus funding bill that just passed the senate. Now switching over to Mnuchin give his take as part of the WH task force briefing.

I only watch Governor Cuomo's briefings. They are much more informative and have information that is useful to me as I live in NY.

Also he injects humor into them sometimes. For example on a recent one he had this exchange:

Reporter: "How are you going to choose people for a random sample for testing?"
Cuomo: "Randomly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom