Bloggers that cater to higher income folks

YeahNo

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone found a good blogger or two who focuses on the higher end FIRE net worth crowd? I think white coat investor has been a good one but I’m struggling to find another. It seems most bloggers are either “lean” fire or regular fire, not to many “fat” fire.

Has anyone found a good blogger or two who focuses on the higher end FIRE net worth crowd? I think white coat investor has been a good one but I’m struggling to find another. It seems most bloggers are either “lean” fire or regular fire, not to many “fat” fire.

Curious as to what your objective is? .... Need help spending money?

There is a Reddit subreddit on fat fire. Not sure about any blogs other than the one you mentioned.

Curious as to what your objective is? .... Need help spending money?

Ha, no! Just lots of nuances in life when you get past the initial stages of FIRE and it would be fun to follow. It seems that some of these bloggers get to that fat fire stage but continue the same tone/topics in their posts. Lifestyle, taxes, work, relationships, etc change a bit as you get higher up in nw....not drastically but certainly changes.

I would be curious to find out if fat fire is worth OMY. Or did OMY just pad the legacy?

Financial Samurai. That's his demographic. However, not a lot of the content is all that useful.

I agree with corn18. Try Financial Samauri. He has a good writer’s voice. He lives in SF, has an MBA, worked for Goldman in NYC, then moved to a smaller investment banking firm in SF. He Fired in approx. 2012 and has been blogging since about 2009. He’s 40ish.

Thanks guys. I have followed Financial Samauri for awhile. Seems like his content has gotten a bit stale the last year or two though. I've been searching through the Fatfire Reddit today and that has been good so far. Would be nice to find a couple bloggers though too.

Since LBYM can be learned in a day, what is the need for a blogger to tell millionaires how to be thrifty? The main thing is motivation, not skills. Earlier in this thread someone put a finger on it. LBYM is sacrifice, and not everyone is interested in sacrifice.

Ha

The people who write for fat FIREEs are called marketers!

I like Root of Good (I think he is on this Forum). He is a frugal person but now has substantial assets and travels all over the world. I think he is planning a 2 month trip to southeast Asia next summer. I also like Fruglewoods, also a frugal couple but they have bought a farm in the northeast and seem to be spending quit alot of money on farm upkeep and they seem to have plenty of assets.

With all that money, there is no need to supplement their income with a job like blogging.

While not a blog, the bogleheads.org forum is full of very wealthy people.

‘Physician on fire’ is one. I think he has shown up here on er-org before. ‘The retirement manifesto’ is another that said they are fatfire (at >$100k/yr).

I've been following Retirement Manifesto for several years. He just recently retired and shares lots of info on their travels, investment strategy, etc. Not HUGELY Fat Fire, but they're very comfortable.

‘Physician on fire’ is one. I think he has shown up here on er-org before. ‘The retirement manifesto’ is another that said they are fatfire (at >$100k/yr).

That is the BIG Question here... How much do you have to spend a year to be "fatfire"..... I was thinking Private Jets and Malibu Beachfront?

You're doing it wrong.

The real high net worth people pay someone to find a high net worth blog for them! That's how it done in that crowd. :LOL:

-ERD50

They don't read blogs and they don't write blogs.

They blow dough and have fun!

I've been following Retirement Manifesto for several years. He just recently retired and shares lots of info on their travels, investment strategy, etc. Not HUGELY Fat Fire, but they're very comfortable.

Thanks, I'll check him out!

That is the BIG Question here... How much do you have to spend a year to be "fatfire"..... I was thinking Private Jets and Malibu Beachfront?

Maybe not private jets but certainly more than 100k/yr. Maybe 200-300k/yr? I haven't researched it at all to see what the internet police say.

Last edited:
They don't read blogs and they don't write blogs.

They blow dough and have fun!
Or they just write non-income producing blogs about non-FIRE subjects, just for the fun of it.

Er, um, so I'm told. :)

That site refers to the campFIRE one at the bottom of the graphic he used in a recent blog entry.

Leanvsfatfire.png

Well, according to this link it is spending $110k+ per year. Normal FIRE is $50-100k and LeanFire is $40k and less.

Oops just saw Eroscott beat me to the punch

Last edited:
I don't follow bloggers. I visit forums (like this one)...more topics and more authors. I'm really not that interested in the opinion of any one person.

bogleheads.org has many high net worth folks.

Most fat fire guys do not post here. They get lots of hassle trying to enjoy their latest BMW M6 convertible purchase from frugal participants!

The people who write for fat FIREEs are called marketers!

If you are truly a FAT Firee, why would you host a blog long term?

Like someone said more likely to be some hobby/non-financial interest blog if they feel the need to write and share once they adapt to their retirement.

Last edited:
Most fat fire guys do not post here. They get lots of hassle trying to enjoy their latest BMW M6 convertible purchase from frugal participants!

Nevertheless there are plenty of these folks still hanging out here, occasionally pointing out patiently that they are still LBYM.

Back
Top Bottom