Blow the dough before pulling the plug?

It's not NW but invested assets that's important

Keep in mind that it's invested assets that count. I have a relatively large NW, but a large percentage is in housing. I don't want to give up the housing, so it changes the retirement paradigm.

That's exactly what I am thinking. We tend to age out of things. So now is a good time for me.

Sport cars contenders not in order of preference: AMG, Corvette Stingray mid-engine, BMW M4, I like Shelby 350 but no convertible!..
Truck doesn't need to look so cool: I want mid-size truck with good smooth ride, reliable and I don't hall too much stuff so there are not many out there - maybe Ridgeline, Tacoma or Ranger

If I didn't need my Ram for pulling my camper I would be back in a Taco again in a heartbeat. I have owned a lot of trucks in my time but for comfy ride, not too big to park and fun to drive the Taco was it. My SNLaw's dad ordered his new Vette in 2019 and it was finally built and delivered in Oct.2020. My SNL came by the house a few weeks ago with my DD as they were out for a ride in it. I am 6'6" and if I got into it he would have had to get a crane to pull me back out. The lowness as well as the space in the sports cars are out for me any more. But if you want it and can get it go for it because you are not getting any younger!

If I didn't need my Ram for pulling my camper I would be back in a Taco again in a heartbeat. I have owned a lot of trucks in my time but for comfy ride, not too big to park and fun to drive the Taco was it.

Had to laugh when I read this. Tacoma trucks are manufactured not far from me and if anyone in these parts heard you refer to one as a "Taco truck" they would be very confused. :LOL:

Attachments

• Taaco truck.JPG
    Taaco truck.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 17
Thank you everyone for your kind words and wisdom advices. The decision was made and can't change now. I have set my date in 2024 at the latest with the count down clock next to my bed to remind me everyday.

I am setting my plans for the next few years:
1) Define activities to fulfill my time in retirement and try them out
2) Buy some toys I always want
3) Continue to grow my NW
4) Build 3-bucket portfolio
5) Work only things I like to do knowing I have option I don't need to work

My word of warning, don't let these things get delayed (per my own situation). I was in your space several years back. And then I also declined an openly offered ER package that was no where near as good as yours (the company hated that so many people took it and its unlikely to be offered again). I'm sort of your "ghost of ER future" in that sense. Having health care is a huge benefit given the ongoing escalation in costs.

Buy the toys, shape your work to your liking and find the activities. And the same for the spouse.

Back
Top Bottom