Budget list

Missing the important one, Other.
Yes.

I am not a personal budgeter and working with those huge lists would make me nuts, but I am a former manager of large scientific and technology projects where I had planning staffs. The most important planning line was "ASIF," which stood for "Aw-S#its" and "I forgots."

Rule #1: There will always be unbudgeted expenses. They will be different every year but they will always be there no matter how carefully you plan.

Rule #2: You cannon plan your way around Rule #1.

I would suggest that you plan for 20% in this category.

Yes.

I am not a personal budgeter and working with those huge lists would make me nuts, but I am a former manager of large scientific and technology projects where I had planning staffs. The most important planning line was "ASIF," which stood for "Aw-S#its" and "I forgots."

Rule #1: There will always be unbudgeted expenses. They will be different every year but they will always be there no matter how carefully you plan.

Rule #2: You cannon plan your way around Rule #1.

I would suggest that you plan for 20% in this category.
Yeah, budgeting for every nickel may be useful for some, but it's not for me. But different strokes I supposed. My "other" is my free spend, I figure I'm old enough that I should know better. If I overspend that, well shame on me :)

Back
Top Bottom