Buried Splinter

T-Al, until this medical issue is resolved, I am pleased to offer you this complimentary avatar:

Long soaking in hot water (e.g. washing a big sinkfull of dishes by hand)

How much did my wife pay you to write that?

I usually dig around a buried splinter as deep as I can stand with a sterilized needle or exacto knife, then slather it with antibiotic ointment and a band aid- the splinter is usually lying on the surface the next AM. :LOL:
Yup.

Much like having to make the toast at a wedding, an operation like this can sometimes go much smoother if one can find that fine line between consumption of alcohol and continued adequate use of abilities.

I was using a Brillo pad the other day and had a splinter from it. My fingers are dry right now and it was irritating. I could see it, but could not get it out with tweezers. Finally, I used some tape all over the area and it must have pulled it off, because I can no longer feel it. Of course, mine was not inbedded.

I second the ichthamol ointment

I ask the pharmacist, was behind counter for some reason, really helped on a couple of buried splinters, one the doc dug around and couldn't get.

Make sure you get anything metal out - even if it isnt bothering you. I had embedded metal shavings removed from my eye about 25 years ago.

I went to get an MRI yesterday. I had to get eye xrays to verify that no fragments were still there before I could get an MRI. I guess the MRI will suck any metal through your body.

Back
Top Bottom