Busted a stealth wealth magnate today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of the crew that framed our home built by a mid size semi custom builder. Only one guy on the crew was fluent in English. I was impressed how easily they dealt with our colonial measurement system when the USA failed/refused going metric. The prime contractor told us they were his most productive crew. When the other crews went home they kept working and used generators after dark. They were paid by the job, not by the hour. They all bought their bag lunches from one of the wives of the crew. Construction is strong right now but these guys probably won't work year round (here in the mid Atlantic) and may be looking for odd jobs in the Home Depot parking lot next month. I don't think you can extrapolate annual revenue so easily for a seasonal business. So much for stealth....we asked them to give us a quote to finish our basement and the guy rolls up in a $50k diesel pickup ( in 1999).

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

+3

I hate it when stereotypes are used to bolster prejudices. [mod edit]

What stereotypes are you referring to? It seems like you may have a bias?

I think the issue was cash transactions for a $10+ million dollar company, vs. someone that is truly stealthily wealthy.

Does a stealthily wealthy person act in the manner illustrated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom