But I Don’t Have Medicare!

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I recently had my annual physical and Doc ordered blood test at Labcorp. I check in and they call me up after a short wait to advise I must pay for a particular test because it’s not covered by Medicare. When I checked in they scanned drivers license and it said insurance by Blue Cross. I just turned 65 but haven’t signed up for MC. Then they said MC had already approved payment for all the other tests! It got sorted out but I suspect the lab will be paid twice.

Doesn't the government automatically sign you up for Medicare and you just need to sign up for additional Medigap Part B and D or an advantage if that is your choice?

Doesn't the government automatically sign you up for Medicare and you just need to sign up for additional Medigap Part B and D or an advantage if that is your choice?

No. You have to sign up for Medicare.

Hold on, it's my understanding if you are getting an SS check before 65 the signup for Part B is automatic. Par A is free so that's included as well.

You should have gotten a Medicare card at the very least plus noticed some money missing from your SS check.

Last edited:
Hold on, it's my understanding if you are getting an SS check before 65 the signup for Part B is automatic.

You should have gotten a Medicare card at the very least plus noticed some money missing from your SS check.

People aren't required to sign up for Medicare. FEHB annuitants, for example.

Maybe They have to proactively opt out, I don't know.

But I do know there are people who have retirement coverage from an employer who opt out of Medicare because they don't want to get hit with major IRMAA. There may be less than that than their used to be.

But I do know there are people who have retirement coverage from an employer who opt out of Medicare because they don't want to get hit with major IRMAA. There may be less than that than their used to be.

Just googled and they will automatically sign you up for part A and part b.
Apparently your have to "opt out" if you don't need it want it...

As a medicare recipient, every TV & Media advertisment you see for 'medicareadvantage', or whatever, the sales organizations selling incentives like SS/medicare replacements has $148.00 back to you if you sign up !

Know why?
Because its an insurance* company, like the FEDs,.. the FED(A private currency organization).
Andrew Jackson, Abe Lincoln, JFK, have all attempted to dump the FED. All 3, & additional presidents have been assassinated attempting to dump the FED. Thats what my research & information shows.

Its not the federal .gov's medicares provisions, its a private insurance companies product people will gravitate to for that extra $148.00 ...a month back to you!

Ones medicare qualifications and coverages are ammended, renegocicated, modifyed and in effect curtailed.
How else do some (Few I'd bet) get 148.00 higher in their SS?

Never believe TV's ads financial sales trickery!
Wanna buy CDS, CDO's, getinonthesmartmoney, etc.?
No thx!-Afaik.

Good luck & Best wishes.....

Last edited:
You don't have to sign up for Medicare (and nobody will do it for you), but they punish you with ever-higher premiums, the longer you wait.

At least, that's my reality as a Federal annuitant and non-SS recipient.

Last edited:
You don't have to sign up for Medicare (and nobody will do it for you), but they punish you with ever-higher premiums, the longer you wait.

At least, that's my reality as a Federal annuitant and non-SS recipient.

A relative of mine, told me he didn't sign up for part of Medicare in time, when he turned 65, so he has to pay an extra $10/month forever. :cool:

Had he waited longer, the penalty would be higher.

I'm planning to sign up a month or so before I turn 65 :popcorn:

If you don't sign up for Medicare when you're 65, you'll be charged 10% more Medicare premiums for every year you don't have Medicare.

My sister owns a 100+ employee business, and they're semi-self insured (high deductible). For some unknown reason, my sister and BIL never went with Medicare, and she's 8 years beyond 65. They had a couple of terrible employee claims on their insurance (transplants), and the account's loss ratio is out of sight. Now my sister cannot get her "fine insurance" to pay for much of anything. Boy did she screw up 8 years ago by not getting Medicare.

To sign up for Medicare, you just go online. The signup is quick and easy. Then you go to the section that covers the medicines and put in your medications, and it shows the cheapest alternative plans. We ended up going with an expensive Plan F Supplement @ $189 a month because my diabetes is expensive to manage and my wife's many recent surgeries.

If you don't sign up for Medicare when you're 65, you'll be charged 10% more Medicare premiums for every year you don't have Medicare.

Yes but there’s an exception if you or spouse are working and covered by an employer plan. From CMS.gov:

“Special Enrollment Period (SEP) – an opportunity to enroll in Medicare outside the Initial Enrollment Period or General Enrollment Period for people who didn’t enroll in Medicare when first eligible because they or their spouse are still working and have employer-sponsored Group Health”

As for auto enrollment I see some conflicting statements but according to CMS.gov:
“Individuals already receiving Social Security or RRB benefits at least 4 months before being eligible for Medicare and residing in the United States (except residents of Puerto Rico) are automatically enrolled in both premium-free Part A and Part B.”

News to me that Andrew Jackson was assassinated.

Totally fair :blush:
I was taught in grammer schooling the USA had no Idea before Pearl Harbor too.

However, to address your beliefs of questionable historical teachings I'd suggest you watch a documentary/docudrama ie. called "4 Presidents".

A UTube link not 5 minutes in:

Theres a comprehensive movie, on both Utube/AMZN, again called "4 Presidents".
-----------
Abraham Lincoln. Shot: April 14, 1865. Died: April 15, 1865. Where: Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C. ...
James Garfield. Shot: July 2, 1881. Died: September 19, 1881. ...
William McKinley. Shot: September 6, 1901. Died: September 14, 1901. ...
John F. Kennedy. Shot: November 22, 1963.(JFK & his brother RFK both assinated, JFK had just Leglislated 11110,https://yaliberty.org/news/jfk-and-the-federal-reserve-executive-order-11110/ NEW CURRENCY)(google it)
------------
No, not everything the AssPress/ national & local paper's, /online, /or presented everywhere as conventional wisdom is or are in fact, unbiased facts.

DNAs freed many unquestionable murder convictions in the USA in last decade or so, afaik.https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2020/11/17/why-sean-ellis-agreed-to-netlfix-trial-4/

I was at this one, the individual that was convicted. The police corrupt. IIRC 45, BPDs officers were involved.
Links forthcoming: https://www.odmp.org/officer/547-detective-john-james-mulligan

Researching all the ins and outs of final outcomes I find exceptionally eyeopening. IMO
https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/mistakes/
Morgan Housal has a recent*(lastweeks)link I'll link right here about the amazing continuities of because W, ... then x, y, z, produced...a,b, c, d, e & F, the final outcome happened. Algorithmically speaking.

I'd suggest everyone quesation everything. Except the sun rising, & tides changing. My times winding down.

I hope it helps you help yourself assess your own experiances, thoughts, & actions ivans.

Thats as best as i can collate it.
I'm a JordanPeterson fan, an X- Harvard professor born in Canada.

Good luck & best wishes.....

Last edited:
Ive been collecting SS retirement since age 63, turning 65 this October.
Received my Medicare A and B card in the mail the other day with no request on my part.

The letter told me if I didnt want to pay for Part B, i should return the card and they would send me a new Part A (free) only card

Update: The title is no longer accurate since I signed up for Part A yesterday through mySSA. Super quick and easy.

DW and I both on MC but we've each been told at least once that we would have to pay for a doctor-ordered test if we still wanted it. Apparently, the doc wanted to run a test that had been run too recently for MC to cover it. Fortunately, the tests were not ridiculously expensive. We didn't choose to "fight" with MC since it seemed more trouble than it was worth. YMMV

Back when mom was sick her illness so debilitated her appearance (even though she was only in her 50s) that providers would assume she was on Medicare & so billed them instead of her directly.

Took years to get some of those bills to come back to her...

Back
Top Bottom