Cabin fever my evolving prescription...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been working in the vegetable garden. I'd like to work outside more but it's been raining every day for a week.

I started learning Spanish on Duolingo. I'm averaging 2-3 hours per day for the last 33 straight days. I'm also watching some Spanish movies and YouTube videos with Spanish captions. If you want to exercise your brain, this will definitely do the trick.

We have not eaten out for around 10 days. No delivery, not take-out either. I'm cooking our usual low-carb evening meals. I need to make a grocery run today or tomorrow.

I'll probably reorganize my garage woodworking shop at some point. I never cleaned up after the last project and tools are scattered everywhere. Lots of work to be done outside as well when we eventually dry out.

DW is reading a lot and binge watching some shows on TV. She's more susceptible to cabin fever than me. She's going to check on her Mom today and take her some supplies. She is 86 and lives alone. But we REALLY don't want to risk getting her sick. So I keep telling her to drop off the stuff and leave but I know she'll stay and chat for a while.

In the spirit of minimizing exposure, I used what was on hand - thickened contact cement, the solvent type.

I have also used Shoe Goo, but that creates the additional problem of how to apply even pressure while it cures.
Barge cement can also be used.

Thanks. Just acquired some Barrage but have not tried it yet. DH has glued several soles back on recently using Barrage. So far so good.

DW and I have 30 acres of mixed hardwood forest to explore, so we are doing some botanizing most every day (except for days like to today when it is raining all day :() The Spring ephemerals are really popping up everywhere. It will be quite warm later in the week and we will certainly get out in the kayaks at least one day this week.

Honestly, this is the same stuff we'd be doing even if there was no CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom