Cake

Rewards - yes, Cake - no.

Wagyu, caviar, first class airfare and truffles.

Just upgraded Directv to UHD, next up a 4K OLED 55 inch display.

According to my broker statement I made 86 grand last month. Whenever I get a big boost like that I like to "blow that dough"

According to my broker statement I made 86 grand last month. Whenever I get a big boost like that I like to "blow that dough"
I would too if I don't have any heirs. I did when I was single.

+1 I like your style

I too am intrigued by this. Whenever I work extra hours or weekends, I like to reward myself. Thinking of upgrading my Blu-ray to 4K UHD player, a 4K UHD display, but also learned a 4k ready audio receiver is recommended for the full experience. Starts adding up to some significant dough.

Oh yes, and one of my favorite cakes is the Red Velvet chocolate cheesecake with real whipped cream at The Cheesecake Factory.

I think you could make a little extra (but not $86k a month) by giving classes in "mindful spending."

Maybe. What kind of pie?

DW's grandfather used to say, "If you have to ask what kind, you don't want pie." Not sure whether he was being profound, but he's the one who taught her about the miracle of compound interest back when she was knee-high to a grasshopper, so it's likely.

DW's grandfather used to say, "If you have to ask what kind, you don't want pie."

:LOL:

My mom told me when she was a young girl in the 1920's her family went to visit her aunt and uncle who lived way out in the boonies. She went into the kitchen and saw a pie sitting on the windowsill to cool. She told her aunt "That looks like a good raisin pie!"

Her aunt said, "Oh, that's not raisin, it's mincemeat." Looking closer she realized the raisins were moving (flies).

That story taught me I always wanted to know what kind of pie. :)

I am surprised your favorite cake isn't a Gava Chiffon cake from any bakery in Hawaii.

I gotta be honest here, and it breaks my heart too. Most baked goods in the Islands leave me disappointed. I was surprised because I like almost all other Island stuff I would have never tried on the mainland (Kim Chee, sushi, sashimi, "fish", for instance) but baked goods here all taste sort of "box mix" to me. Locals rave about this pastry or that and I'm always "ho hum" about it. I'd rather have a day old doughnut from a mainland bakery than most fresh stuff from Napoleon or Leonards or Liliha. (I'm writing this on the mainland - and looking over my shoulder to be sure no locals are watching...):blush:

Same with pizza. Haven't found a single source of pizza that's as good as mainland pizza. Acceptable pizza is available at Costco's window. Oh, and I gorge on breaded tenderloins when I'm back on the mainland. Much as Island folks love pork, I can't believe there's no place to get a tenderloin (big as your head, over the bun, thin-as-paper-pounded-pork-loin-breaded-with-white-flour, salt and pepper and deep fried in grease!) Yum. But I digress.

More cake please?

Every time I see the "cake" thread on the Forums page, just like a layered devil's food with fudge icing, I find myself coming back for more.

How about a la mode? Garnished with dark chocolate shavings?

Back
Top Bottom