calculate your "real" age here

47, 36, 87.

Hmmm... only 40 years left, and so many things I still want to do. I may need to ER sooner than I had planned.;)

I'm wondering if this is a popular misconception. It really doesn't pan out in my personal experience. Since (what are the stix?) 50% of first heart attacks are fatal, a goal is to get into treatment before it happens.

my point was not for just something that preventative care might help ward off. there are lots of situations where a partner might assist longevity. take falling off a ladder while working on the house, for instance.

a good friend lost his mom while she was living alone. fell face first onto a hard surface and died in her own pool of blood. maybe if someone was home to call for help she might have lived longer. that's all i meant.

my point was not for just something that preventative care might help ward off. there are lots of situations where a partner might assist longevity. take falling off a ladder while working on the house, for instance.

a good friend lost his mom while she was living alone. fell face first onto a hard surface and died in her own pool of blood. maybe if someone was home to call for help she might have lived longer. that's all i meant.

Yeah, I guess they could help hold the ladder.:p. I'm afraid my point is that "my people" seem incompetent in a crunch, even the eagle scout and the buddies with medical training. I relate to a skit on "3 and a Half Men" where Charley doesn't notice his brother flying off the roof on an un-held ladder. (It's hard to have fun with this thread.)

Sorry about your friend's mom. That would be a clear-cut case of knowing it's time to call for help and to get the first aid thing going.

My uncle fell into his dinner and was gone before anyone noticed anything was wrong. Seems a better way to go than spending weeks in a hospital with tubes, etc.

Biological age: 35 (36 in 12 days....yuck)
Real Age: 17.4 (ALMOST legal to drink....:D)
Life Expectancy: 91.6

Back
Top Bottom