Campaign will raise awareness on Global Warming & Global Health

Boutdone, you have that backwards. The question is why should denialists let facts get in the way.
I wish we could just have a discussion about what policies would be most beneficial rather than all the name calling and appeal to marketing.

You see the ice cap 7 times the size of NYC fell into the ocean last week...Thats not good at all

At the current rates in which the rain forest is fast disappearing, oil is being pumped and used without no plans for conservation, species of plants and animals are disappearing, pollutions from human and farm waste, poisions and emissions are being released into the ground, the air and the water, one has to wonder just how much longer planet earth will tolerate the abuse before she/he hits back.

Denials and name calling are not going to solve these problems.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Zathras,

Bet you didn't even read one of the posts in the link.

Name calling? Who brought up the denialist monicker?

Appeal to marketing? Why is Al Gore heading a $300,000,000 plus marketing campaign to promote global warming?

I am just showing that there are two sides to this story. I happen to believe in the resourcefulness of humans. Of course we have an impact on our planet. We do not, however, need alarmists running around presenting only one side of the equation and po-pooing those who may differ in opinion.

There is a lot of money chasing the global warming band wagon. Al Gore even owns a carbon trading company among his other "green" company investments. These sir, are facts you cannot deny.

Boutdone, you have that backwards. The question is why should denialists let facts get in the way.
I wish we could just have a discussion about what policies would be most beneficial rather than all the name calling and appeal to marketing.

Should we start with the discussion about ethanol? Is the US ethanol policy beneficial?

The Clean Energy Scam - TIME

How about the use of HEMP as an alternate source of energy?

Hemp 4 Fuel - Clean Energy Solutions

Hemp has many uses such as fuel, clothing, paper and of course for medication purposes.

I know that the GREAT Willie Nelson and Woody Harrison are big supporters of the use of HEMP for fuel, for clothing and for medication use.

I know that the GREAT Willie Nelson and Woody Harrison are big supporters of the use of HEMP for fuel, for clothing and for medication use.

I'm not sure about fuel, clothing and medication but recreation is required too.:D

Yes, it has been said that Willie and Woody do like to smoke a little HEMP.

I do beleive that HEMP can be used as an alternate fuel and I do believe that if the farmers in the U.S were allowed to grow it for that purpose that it would be win - win situation for us all.

Willie runs his bus on fuel made from HEMP.

Hempcar.org-Pollution: Petrol vs Hemp

There's an interesting article in the Christian Science Monitor - Bush's 'caution' on CO2 seen as 'foot-dragging' by critics - Supreme Court has ruled that EPA can regulate greenhouse-gas emissions from cars, but administration says deliberation needed.

Bush's 'caution' on CO2 seen as 'foot-dragging' by critics | csmonitor.com

Here's to wishful hoping that Old George W and the EPA will finally address the CO2 problem in a timely matter.

Should we start with the discussion about ethanol? Is the US ethanol policy beneficial?

The Clean Energy Scam - TIME

Sure, ethanol is a horible idea from a GW perspective. No argument there.
From a US national security angle it isn't a bad stop-gap messure as we try to get off of foreign oil.

As to the recent announcement of Al Gore's non-profit organization's marketing campaign, my guess is he decided that is more effective with the American public.

Personally I wish we could stick to the scientific studies and leave Al and celebreties and politicians out of it.

Zathras,

Bet you didn't even read one of the posts in the link.

Oh, and you would loose that bet, although I haven't read/watched all of them, I have read a number of them and watched the first video.

Oh, and you would loose that bet, although I haven't read/watched all of them, I have read a number of them and watched the first video.

I'll gladly lose the bet if people at least listen to both sides. Those mesmerized by the hype and who do not make objective decisions are not doing service to themselves, the rest of us nor those who will take our places in the future.

Keep watching the link as new information is surfacing on a daily basis. Knowledge is power.

Excellent! I whole-heartedly agree with you. Listen to both sides, read up on the research from both sides.
I would ask you and everyone to pay less attention to the celebreties and politicians and more attention to the actual scientific research.

Although the science can be pretty dry reading, if you prefer sites/articles that summerize read both sites such as boutdone recommended and sites such as RealClimate.org for balance and then make up your own mind.

Back
Top Bottom