Can I afford this??

gayl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I basically live on my pension but if I do these 5 cruises I won't continue to save all my SSA pymt. Which is only 2035 after 25% deducted for taxes. I've got at least 550 onboard credits for most (only 350 for Cabo) and typically spend less than that. 20230115_094047.jpg20230115_095731.jpg Also have 6 month EF at regular bank

Last edited:
If you truly live off your pension income, and typically save your SS payments, AND have something north of $900K in cash and investments? I’d say BTD, and enjoy!

From your posting history, I'm presuming that you have a good emergency fund set aside.

Enjoy your cruises.

Last edited:
We've been on a bunch of cruises and have been to virtually every island in the Eastern Caribbean and around Mexico. We've also been on 4 European cruises from Russia to Turkey. The only cruises we really care to take in the Caribbean are out of San Juan.

But we only take cruises when they're discounted heavily--a bargain. We prefer brands of ships that are on the same level as Celebrity because they're often good values.

Yes you can afford it. Go and have fun!! No one knows how many more trips around the sun we will have. Go while you can.

Since your pension covers living expenses, you can blow about $35k a year (872,862 X 4% = $34,914.48).

Go, enjoy, no worries!

Yeah Baby!

This is retirement. You're not still supposed to be saving money - :)

Yes, you can afford it. Use your pension and SS for living expense, and fun.
, and you still have your investments for LTC if needed and as backup.
Enjoy your trips!!

Back
Top Bottom