Can I Have QDI on Dividends as Distributed?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Every year I wait until my 1099 to know qualified dividends, Sec199A and foreign taxes paid on Vanguard MFs. It would be helpful for tax planning if I could know that breakdown as dividends are distributed each quarter. Am I just not looking in the right place?

I wish I could have Sec199A and for taxes paid too, but that is certainly helpful. Thanks.

I've never seen anyone report the tax payments early. It could be that a lot of them occur at the end of the year for the foreign taxes.

I've never seen anyone report the tax payments early. It could be that a lot of them occur at the end of the year for the foreign taxes.
Could be, although when I get my 1099 in Jan, there are Sec199A and foreign taxes associated with each dividend payment. It's not one payment at the end of the year on the 1099 at least. But thanks, knowing QDI is helpful.

It’s all blank on Fido until Jan 15 following year at least. I have to estimate per fund based on prior year ratios which turns out come in pretty close to actual.

Foreign Tax Credit is a wild card though, although I can guess direction ;). And the increased income due to foreign tax credit seems to come in a bit higher than the credit too.

I’m going to let my international funds dwindle. I’m tired of dealing with the tax form complications and unpredictability.

It’s all blank on Fido until Jan 15 following year at least. I have to estimate per fund based on prior year ratios which turns out come in pretty close to actual.

Foreign Tax Credit is a wild card though, although I can guess direction ;). And the increased income due to foreign tax credit seems to come in a bit higher than the credit too.

I’m going to let my international funds dwindle. I’m tired of dealing with the tax form complications and unpredictability.
I probably won't sell of my international funds, but I agree getting foreign tax credits correct is usually the most common last calculation I complete every year. And I've only had to amend twice in my life, that last time was an FTC error (I underclaimed)... :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom