car/parking dilemma

Talk about a city problem, I can park my two big SUV's, my boat and my off road ATV in my garage and my other vehicle on the circle drive and still have room for at least four friend's cars to park on the driveway. That's not counting unlimited parking on the street. You can't imagine how absurd this problem sounds to someone in rural America. One more thing to add to my gratitude list.

And I can walk to w*rk, and to many restaurants and grocery stores! I am grateful for these things. :)

Talk about a city problem, I can park my two big SUV's, my boat and my off road ATV in my garage and my other vehicle on the circle drive and still have room for at least four friend's cars to park on the driveway. That's not counting unlimited parking on the street. You can't imagine how absurd this problem sounds to someone in rural America. One more thing to add to my gratitude list.
LOL. I could reverse that and say, wow, you have to get in your car to pick up some light groceries or to stop at the drug store? What, you need two cars because you are trapped at home if the spouse is out somewhere in the other car? Sounds absurd to me.

I don't have two cars, I have three cars. But I see your point. Mine was how different perspectives can be just because of where you live. I'm glad city folk like their lifestyles. And I'm glad I like mine. But it's weird how some city problems and rural ones are so different.

This may sound like a silly option, but worth a try...

Talk to the person with the big SUV...tell them your dilemma. Ask them if they often have another person with them when they drive. If not, perhaps you can arrange parking such that their passenger door is on the same side as your passenger door...and therefore you can park really close on that one side...giving you more room on the other side.

If this works and they are nice about it, buy them a $25 gift card to a restaurant for their help.

Back
Top Bottom