Case of the Mondays

aaaaahh, now I get it. Wondered why on some of my "Saturdays" the stores were less crowded than on other "Saturdays". This whole "holley-day" thing...that is just confusing to me.

Sunday nights were always worse than Monday mornings for me. I called it "Sunday-night nausea."

Almost ten months are ER I still go through the weekly cycle. I start feeling like I have to be somewhere over the weekend. Part of this is my teenage boys DO have to be somewhere...school. But now Mondays are kind of cool when I realize I don't have to be anywhere.

Come summer and the boys won't be in school, I am curious to see how that feels.

I hate you all!

Stop making me cry! It's mean!

So I'm sitting in my cubicle today and I realized that ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So it means that every single day you see me, that's on
the worst day of my life.

Is there any way that you, you could post something so there's no way that I'll know I'm at work? Right here? (points to forum) Can I just read the forum and think I've been fishing all day or something?

Groovy

Stop making me cry! It's mean!

So I'm sitting in my cubicle today and I realized that ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So it means that every single day you see me, that's on
the worst day of my life.

Is there any way that you, you could post something so there's no way that I'll know I'm at work? Right here? (points to forum) Can I just read the forum and think I've been fishing all day or something?

Groovy

Maybe play sort of a relational game with yourself. For instance, last Friday I was busy getting stuff done around the house and had the garage door and the tailgate of the car open. Finished up, showered, and came out to get in the car to go have hernia surgery and sonofagun - the hardwiring for my Valentine One radar detector was just dangling - the detector was gone. Sorta took my mind off of going to surgery and the surgery took my mind off the stolen detector (and Saturday the discovery that they got my Canon Powershot SD800 IS out of the door pocket as well). Maybe put a thumbtack inside your shoe to step on when things start weighing on your mind werk-wise?

My work schedule is odd. I work 12-hour shifts.

Week 1: MT FSS
Week 2: WT

That means that on week 1 monday AND friday are "mondays". Then week 2 wednesday is "monday". It also means I get a "weekend" 3 times every 2 weeks. Week 1 my "weekend" is wednesday and thursday. Week 2 it's monday and tuesday then again on friday, saturday and sunday. I don't mind the schedule too much but the work is bad. It's hard manual labor. I'm not sitting at a desk surfing the early retirement forums, i'm actually working. I agree with another poster who says sunday nights are just as bad as mondays. That's how I feel right now.

Maybe play sort of a relational game with yourself. For instance, last Friday I was busy getting stuff done around the house and had the garage door and the tailgate of the car open. Finished up, showered, and came out to get in the car to go have hernia surgery and sonofagun - the hardwiring for my Valentine One radar detector was just dangling - the detector was gone. Sorta took my mind off of going to surgery and the surgery took my mind off the stolen detector (and Saturday the discovery that they got my Canon Powershot SD800 IS out of the door pocket as well). Maybe put a thumbtack inside your shoe to step on when things start weighing on your mind werk-wise?

Sigh. I'd just have a thumbtack in my foot, and it would still be Sunday night, and tomorrow would still be Monday.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your radar detector, your hernia and your camera. Sounds like it was a pretty bad couple of days. Happy Sunday! :)

Groovy

I haven't had a day off in two weeks, so Monday is just another day. But I will be leaving my present job next Friday. Only four more days! :D

Back
Top Bottom