Century’s End (+10)

Despite my dislike of blind links, I clicked on it and went 30 seconds in. It's a music video of a song by Donald Fagan. I have absolutely no idea what we're supposed to be looking for, and why. I don't like Steely Dan so I didn't watch for very long. Next time please post something about the link, please.

I do like Steely Dan. I have noticed there are a number of Steely Dan tribute bands popping up. Some are quite good. Close your eyes, give 'em some slack, and you might think you are listening to the originals.

Naked links? Ugh. Lately we seem to be having more and more of them. Or maybe I am just getting grumpy.

Get off my lawn!

I do like Steely Dan. I have noticed there are a number of Steely Dan tribute bands popping up. Some are quite good. Close your eyes, give 'em some slack, and you might think you are listening to the originals.

Naked links? Ugh. Lately we seem to be having more and more of them. Or maybe I am just getting grumpy.

Get off my lawn!

Your lawn is safe (from me, anyway) [emoji4]

The background of that post was a long chat with an old musician friend with whom I played a long time ago. Others in that band were fresh from Berklee (Boston), but I wasn’t. I do remember working through some of the complexities of Steely Dan tunes. Fagen’s “Century’s End” came up along with the video.

I haven’t heard any tribute bands but would like to!

Speaking of “naked” and Steely Dan, a local SD tribute band is named “Naked Lunch”...

Speaking of “naked” and Steely Dan, a local SD tribute band is named “Naked Lunch”...

I don’t recall ever having any naked lunches personally. Afternoon delights, yes. But I hope the band is doing well.

Back
Top Bottom