Cherry Blossom time

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, DW and I made out annual pilgrimage to see the cherry blossoms at our nation's capital yesterday, this time with MIL in wheelchair. The blossoms were at their peak, here is a photo, which doesn't do it justice but you get the idea. That's the Jefferson Memorial in the background.

img_637601_0_556c2dffce176398c5a83343121e5d95.jpg

Afterwards we walked through the FDR memorial. They did an excellent job of portraying the key moments of his Presidency in an outdoor setting full of fountains and flowers. It's pretty new, for those who haven't been to DC in a while. Here is a link to it:
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial (National Park Service)

It's easy to get jaded about these things living in the DC area, but the combination of the cherry blossoms, the monuments, and the many visitors from of all walks of life, age, colors, creeds, and physical condition makes me just a little bit prouder to be an American.

Beautiful! I love the way the cherry blossoms frame the picture.:)

I'm south of DC in a different state, but it is beautiful watching spring arrive. Here, it is the white and pink dogwoods plus the cherry trees that are very beautiful and vibrant right now. But for the thick layer of green pollen everywhere, it would be really nice to go out for a stroll around the neighborhood today!

Beautiful! I love the way the cherry blossoms frame the picture.:)

Thanks, it's hard to take a bad photo there. The day I went, two days ago, the day was nice and sunny with temperature in the 60s. Yesterday I had to go to National airport to pick up a relative, and all the way up I battled rain, sleet, and even a few snow flakes! Ah yes, springtime in D.C. Still took them to see the blossoms, whether they wanted to see them or not.

Back
Top Bottom