Cherry blossoms

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
The National Park Service has announced peak bloom for Washington, D.C.'s famed cherry blossom trees will occur between March 31 and April 3.

If you've never experienced this, I guarantee it's well worth your time to visit at the peak.

When I was at the Pentagon, I used to do my lunchtime run in that area (across to the Lincoln Memorial and Tidal Basin) and at cherry blossom time it sometimes seemed like you were in another place entirely. Absolutely delightful.

Went there last year during the blossom season. I've never been in so much traffic in my life.

it took an hour to get from natl airport to the wardman hotel - geez!

No cherry blossoms here. Huisache blossoms!

Attachments

• 130226_huisache_bloom_closeup_crop.jpg
    130226_huisache_bloom_closeup_crop.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 130225_huisache_in_bloom_crop.jpg
    130225_huisache_in_bloom_crop.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 6
Went there last year during the blossom season. I've never been in so much traffic in my life.

That's why I have no intention of going anywhere near the place. I'm sure it's beautiful but unless I was already nearby for some unavoidable reason there's no way I'd subject myself to the misery of that traffic.

I'll have to be content with photos and videos.

That's why I have no intention of going anywhere near the place. I'm sure it's beautiful but unless I was already nearby for some unavoidable reason there's no way I'd subject myself to the misery of that traffic.

I'll have to be content with photos and videos.

I really, really dislike traffic. That's why I detest going to DC. My wife used to live by the zoo so she likes to visit but I really don't like the place.

Back
Top Bottom