COLA Watch...No COLA in 2011?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Got this as part of an emal from MOAA. Enjoy...

With inflation rising only 0.1 percent in August, and only one month left in the fiscal year, it's pretty much final that retirees won't see any COLA for 2011.
COLA Watch

August CPI Released

The Bureau of Labor Statistics announced the August CPI-W of 214.205 which is a .1 percent increase from the July value of 213.898

The August value of 214.205 is now down 0.6% from the 2008 COLA Base of 215.5. The 2008 COLA base will be used to calculate the 2010 COLA since there was no 2009 COLA as a result of negative inflation from the third quarter of 2008 to the third quarter of 2009.

----------------------------------------------

Snap1.jpg
</H1>

Got this as part of an emal from MOAA. Enjoy...

With inflation rising only 0.1 percent in August, and only one month left in the fiscal year, it's pretty much final that retirees won't see any COLA for 2011. </H1>

Technically correct, politically debatable.;)

With so many out of work, and the huge deficit, I am thankful for what I receive today.

Betcha that means annual contribution limits for retirement accounts will be the same next year too. Those are announced in October, IIRC.

With so many out of work, and the huge deficit, I am thankful for what I receive today.
I sort of agree, but on the other hand this is the attitude Corporate America wants us to have so we'll be okay with continuing to be jerked around. "At least I still have a job" is music to their ears, because it means their workers are okay with doing more and getting a worse and worse deal as time goes by.

As a US taxpayer I am grateful for anything that keeps the size of the deficit lower than it would otherwise be.

As a holder of debt securities (and other investments) that would (most likely) be adversely affected by inflation, I am happy to see low CPI numbers. (That said, I am also starting to believe in biflation.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom