Collectables?

I collect comic books. I spend about 3% of my salary on them a year.

I'm enjoying the omnibus collections Marvel has put out over the years. I'm trying to get my hands on Matt Fraction's run of Hawkeye now.

Two things:
Golf Course logo balls-- 457 so far.
Sand (in its various varieties--textures and colors). I have 604 samples. 273 from 114 countries around the world. And 331 samples from 50 states of U.S.A

Knives - Randall Made, custom folders and production automatics.

All acquired with the idea they would be good field/hunting/utility knives. A few of them rotate thru my pockets, but most are safe queens.

Last edited:
Beers. Seriously, in a way I guess. I tend to browse the aisles of the bottle shop looking for something different or unusual then I build up extra full bottles in the beer fridge.

Seeds. When I'm overseas I go to nurseries and look for anything unusual.

Stamps from US national parks and monuments. Goes in our NP passport book. Trying to get them all eventually.

I used to collect porcelain dolls, hummels, teapots, depression glass, antiques. Now I collect nothing. I donated most of it to dog rescue groups to be sold or to silent auctions when people had them to help with their medical bills. I don't want to dust a bunch of stuff now and want to spend my $ on experiences.

Scotch wiskey. This picture was taken over 10 years ago. Sadly, they are all gone.:(

Attachments

• scotch.JPG
    scotch.JPG
    520.6 KB · Views: 17
Years ago a friend walked through our living room and said "Oh, you collect candle holders." I said "No." Later I counted over 30 pairs, so we decided to get rid of them! YMMV

Sand (in its various varieties--textures and colors).
That's cool! I did take some volcanic sand from Deception Island...I doubted I'd return there for another visit.

Seeds. When I'm overseas I go to nurseries and look for anything unusual.
I'm sure only after they've been issued a phytosanitary certificate by the country of origin.

I'm enjoying the omnibus collections Marvel has put out over the years. I'm trying to get my hands on Matt Fraction's run of Hawkeye now.

I actually read a lot of the older books thru Marvel Unlimited on my iPad these days.

My six-year-old daughter is a big fan of the 60s X-men.

Knives - Randall Made, custom folders and production automatics.

All acquired with the idea they would be good field/hunting/utility knives. A few of them rotate thru my pockets, but most are safe queens.

I just picked up my first Benchmade and Spyderco. I'm trying not to fall into buying higher quality or customs.

I actually read a lot of the older books thru Marvel Unlimited on my iPad these days.

My six-year-old daughter is a big fan of the 60s X-men.

I pick up yearly subscriptions to Unlimited when Marvel runs discount sales. I'm still waiting for DC to get on that too. Their model of selling online comics sucked last time I checked.

Couple of Wilson's. 😁

Sand (in its various varieties--textures and colors). I have 604 samples. 273 from 114 countries around the world. And 331 samples from 50 states of U.S.A

I often pick up a pebble from "extreme" spots (westernmost, easternmost, highest, etc.). When I get home I label them and enjoy looking at them -- almost as good as a photo for me.

The one spot I couldn't get a pebble was the lowest point in Death Valley. I have a tiny test tube filled with salt/sand from there.

antique pocket watches, especially the hand crafted English ones.

unfortunately, no one in the family shares the interest, so disposing of these
will be an issue.

The one spot I couldn't get a pebble was the lowest point in Death Valley. I have a tiny test tube filled with salt/sand from there.[/QUOTE]

I've got sand from Stove Pipe Wells in Death Valley. We drove THROUGH Death Valley when I was a kid, but didn't stop.

Mostly vices, Camel cigarette advertising pre Joe Camel, Jack Daniels, Tennessee Squire stuff. Guns and native peoples artifacts.

First it was oil lamps, then netsuke, then guitars, then old Hardy Boys books, then first edition Clive Cussler novels, then pottery (I make), then cats. I had to stop collecting because I was running out of room. So slowly getting rid of stuff (not the cats) and spending more time riding my motorcycles.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom