Color Selectable LED Bulbs!

Maybe I’m the last one to discover them, but these are greatest thing since sliced bread to me. We’re systematically replacing all the bulbs in our house with LEDs (from CFLs), and I was always guessing which to buy - soft white, daylight or whatever - and getting it wrong some times to my dismay. We don’t want the same color for all rooms.

Saw these at our local Costco, 6 pack for $9.99 (link below 18 pack). Five different shades of white selected by a switch, so you’ll have a match when you get home with whatever you want or have already.

Each bulb has a switch on it so you choose any of five colors on each bulb - even change it if needed later (move to another room/fixture).

Evidently Feit is a top brand for LEDs at least.

They’re dimmable too, though we don’t use that feature.

Simple things amuse simple minds (me)…:blush:

https://www.costco.com/feit-electri...ed-a19-bulbs,-18-pack.product.4000185963.html

I've got a few Hue bulbs. They are considerably more expensive but have a huge range of colors selectable by an app. They are fun for setting special scenes for holidays and such. I don't have them everywhere I have LED bulbs, just in areas where I want to get creative with scenes. I'll look into the Felts for other areas.

Personally I w*rk under LED lights all day and have no issue with them. But I find their ultra white color very annoying at home in the evening. I think there is something very fundamental about the human brain that dislikes blue-white lights in the evening.

At my w*rkplace we have some people who need to w*rk in the evening. When we switched to LED lights a few years ago they started complaining almost immediately. I have a project that could replace them with dimmable versions to eliminate the harshness. I have been questioned by management about the need to replace the lights a few times. My response has been "Work an evening shift and come back and tell me you don't think we need dimmable LEDs where people work in the evening." A few have done it and now management agrees peoples' complaints are warranted and we are replacing the lights!

At my w*rkplace we have some people who need to w*rk in the evening. When we switched to LED lights a few years ago they started complaining almost immediately. I have a project that could replace them with dimmable versions to eliminate the harshness. I have been questioned by management about the need to replace the lights a few times. My response has been "Work an evening shift and come back and tell me you don't think we need dimmable LEDs where people work in the evening." A few have done it and now management agrees peoples' complaints are warranted and we are replacing the lights!

Kudos to you! Many years ago I filled a new management position and had to ask a longtime staff member to make room by moving to a windowless office. I told her in return for this favor I would agree to most anything she wanted to make it livable as a work space. She agreed and asked for some very special (and expensive) programmable lights that provided a full spectrum option, among many others. My manager called me in when I passed along the Purchase Order for her initials and questioned the expense. I told her it was non-negotiable. Humans moved out of caves a very long time ago!

-BB

I'm thinking about replacing some recessed cans, which are already LED (but not color changing), with "smart" recessed cans that I can control by an app that I already have.

You can dim, change colors but above all, schedule when they go on and off, a way to have lights on when home is empty.

I just replaced some integrated LED Pop lights that had a switch you could set your desired Kelvins when you installed which was a first for me.

I've had the Phillip Hue light bulbs for awhile hooked up thru google home, and then google added routines, so now when I say "TV Time", the side lights go out and a back light turns to a 50% dimmed soft blue to give ambiance and let me still see if I have to find the remote. Then I say "goodnight" and my bedtable light goes on, the lights downstairs turns off and google tells me whats on my calendar for tomorrow and the weather. Just installed my nest thermostat, not sure if I can get that into my routine, that would be sweet rather than just a set scheduled time.

Back
Top Bottom