Concerns About Buying House Half Mile from Stone Quary and 1.5 Miles From Landfill?

Thank you all for replying. All great advice and suggestions.

As I type this, DW is cancelling tomorrow's appointment with the realtor to see this house. I can't deal with the possibility of a bad situation again.

Well, sorry we all may have seemed so negative with advice, but now you two are clear to steer your search to the many homes where landfills and/or quarries won't even be a consideration.

Once again, give yourself a pat on the back for researching the wider neighborhood ahead of time, and good luck on your home search! Check back in as you narrow your search or make a purchase, and let us know!

I think it really depends on the local topography and consistency of the winds. I used to live kinda close to a mushroom farm/plant. That was the worst, but after a year or so we just didn't notice it. Now that we live farther away I notice it when I drive past the old neighborhood on summer days. Find someone new to the area and ask them.
I found this site useful for the wind direction throughout the year at a location you select: https://weatherspark.com/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129-220110_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-220110_Chrome.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 22
Well, sorry we all may have seemed so negative with advice, but now you two are clear to steer your search to the many homes where landfills and/or quarries won't even be a consideration.

Once again, give yourself a pat on the back for researching the wider neighborhood ahead of time, and good luck on your home search! Check back in as you narrow your search or make a purchase, and let us know!
Will do; thanks RetireeRobert.

I didn't see this thread until just now, but wanted to chime in and tell you that I agree with the others. I think you made the right decision not to pursue this house.

As I am sure you know, the three most important factors to consider in real estate are "location, location, and location".

I didn't see this thread until just now, but wanted to chime in and tell you that I agree with the others. I think you made the right decision not to pursue this house.

As I am sure you know, the three most important factors to consider in real estate are "location, location, and location".

Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom