Confusing fan instructions?

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I used to see that all the time when I was in the technical writing game.

Someone in the original company is tasked with translating the instructions into other languages. The poor sap has no knowledge of other languages, but has to do it anyway.

The solution is to look up words in a bilingual dictionary and translate them one at a time from the original language to the target language. It often makes as little sense as your example, but happens pretty often. If they're lucky, it's just barely good enough.

Do you think this was AI generated or what?

"4, will suck in particular is fixed at the top of motor Department of well hole, the screws"

"5, the controller of the light source The son, the motor terminal respectively For good, and at the top of the electricity Cable connection"

Is that last one referring to Jesus?

https://images.thdstatic.com/catalog/pdfImages/37/37bdaffc-871b-4426-aa66-f5b1d44cf204.pdf

When China starts selling EV's in the U.S., is this what we are in store for?:LOL:

I seldom read assembly instructions. I'll use them as a cheat sheet if I can't figure it out by myself.

I hate it when they put all those spare parts in the box. :LOL:

Last edited:
Especially when you rebuild a motor. Why did they put those extra screws or springs inside the motor? Maybe that's why it broke?

I hate it when they put all those spare parts in the box. :LOL:

Way back when I was doing heating & refrigeration service calls for Sears, the "truck stock" parts were often made to fit a dozen or more different models of say, a refrigerator. So the box with a solenoid valve to let water in the icemaker would have several different mounting brackets in it, only one of which was needed.

I often had to show the customers the list of models that the part would fit to convince them that yes, I really did know what I was doing and no, the parts "left over" really didn't need to go into their refrigerator.

It did occur to me to just randomly screw them into some obscure place in the cabinet and hide them to avoid the discussion, but I never actually did it.:)

The worst, but also funniest translation I've seen.

Or should I say these instructions "suck in particular "

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom