conjunctival eye lesion

Helen

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A friend who is a retired ophthalmologist recommended I get a conjunctival lesion checked out. The doctor I saw suggested I have it removed in the next 3 months. My doctor friend agreed. It has become quite pronounced in the last 1 - 2 years and is like a dark brown line from my iris to the corner of my eye. I think they are alarmed because it has grown recently.

I called other eye clinics in Portland and Seattle to get another opinion, but they are all backlogged due to COVID-19 so I think I will just go ahead with the surgery.

I made the mistake of watching the beginning of a youtube video on the removal of the lesion - Ewwww!

Has anyone had this done? How was the recovery?

The mention of eye clinic makes me a bit nervous. I don't have a lesion, but plenty of experience with health systems this year. In my case I should have gone to the top docs at university hospital instead of the local system.

One thing that can get botched is the collection of tissue, handling and analysis. What I've seen is that more attention gets paid to the details in a university hospital.

I hope your have a quick procedure and complete recovery, Helen.

Thank you, Target2019.

The two eye clinics I tried to get second opinions from are connected to universities. The one I had the appointment with is connected with a hospital. All three have good reputations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom