Correction, Are we there yet?

10-15% drop is nothing and long overdue IMO. We're back to where we were last summer and still up massively from virtually any period before that. My RRE keeps going up in value so my total net worth this year is flat currently to maybe slightly up.

I'm back to where I was back on March 3rd of 2021. So basically more than a year worth of progress wiped out in my 100% stock portfolio. I fully expect at some point the rocket fuel will ignite and I will be shooting back to the stratosphere at some point in time.

I look at it as a buying opportunity. Basically I am getting last years prices this year so I am shoving money into the market left and right as we are still in accumulating stages with 10 years to FIRE liftoff.

Stacking all accounts often. 401k, 403b, Roth 401k, Roth IRA, HSA, 529 and broker. I am literally flipping the couches looking for money to put in.

I'm down 6.7% dYTD according to Quicken YTD in what was a 55-27-18 portfolio. I guess it's time to start putting some of that cash to work. I took the allocation down to 54% in Feb 2020, saw it drop to 45% in March, then shoved some back in since I thought 45% was way too low. I shoved half of what I had sold back in in March and June, then watched the steady climb back up to 56%.
Now I need to get back up from 51.5 back up to near 55 over the next 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom