Costco Visa allows direct deposit for rebate now

cathy63

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I know lots of people here have the Costco Visa from Citi, so I hope this helps some others. I went to cash out my rebate certificate yesterday and the clerk told me that if it's more than $500, you can now have it direct deposited in a linked bank account through the Citi website or app. I already had my checking account linked since I have them pull funds to pay the visa bill, so it was super easy to request the rebate deposit. I did it yesterday afternoon and it said up to 5 days, but it's already in my checking account this morning. I like this much more than having them give me $100 bills, though I will have to start going to the ATM again since I had been using that as my pocket money for the year. :dance:

Thanks...was going to redeem it today on a trip and take the balance in cash. Just had it sent to my bank account so will now get rebate on items purchased today. Don't think I would have if I had used the rebate certificate to pay for today's purchases!

I know lots of people here have the Costco Visa from Citi, so I hope this helps some others. I went to cash out my rebate certificate yesterday and the clerk told me that if it's more than $500, you can now have it direct deposited in a linked bank account through the Citi website or app. I already had my checking account linked since I have them pull funds to pay the visa bill, so it was super easy to request the rebate deposit. I did it yesterday afternoon and it said up to 5 days, but it's already in my checking account this morning. I like this much more than having them give me $100 bills, though I will have to start going to the ATM again since I had been using that as my pocket money for the year. :dance:

Same here but when I tried the request on the Citi website I was presented with a 3rd party processor form requesting my checking account log-in credentials. So instead I went to Costco and had them write me a check and I deposited it using my banking app...I'll try again next year.

Thanks- I already redeemed this year's but that's good to know! I just ran up a giant bill for plane tickets so I should be able to get the rebate over $500. (I put most of my charges on the Fidelity Visa because they redeem monthly, and use the Costco Visa only for the higher %s on travel, restaurants and gas.)

Thanks- I already redeemed this year's but that's good to know! I just ran up a giant bill for plane tickets so I should be able to get the rebate over $500. (I put most of my charges on the Fidelity Visa because they redeem monthly, and use the Costco Visa only for the higher %s on travel, restaurants and gas.)

Costco Visa also doesn't charge an international transaction fee, Fidelity Visa does.

Gosh, I just cashed mine!

Good to know.

Yeah, I got a couple of Benjamins today. Fancy colorful new ones!

I also had been using it as my annual ATM, but I have plenty so I’ll probably deposit my Benjamins. I happens i have a bank branch next to Costco.

Last edited:
Costco Visa also doesn't charge an international transaction fee, Fidelity Visa does.
My biggest rebate was the year after they dropped the foreign transaction fees and I racked up a huge amount overseas from 3% rewards on dining and lodging. That year I requested that Costco cut a check, but I had to wait quite a while for it.

I know- it will be my "go-to" card on my trips to Munich and E. Europe this year.

Just wanted to say thanks to OP cathy63 for the tip to do the direct deposit. Took a little searching on the site to figure out the link to request the direct deposit, but it worked fine. I also already have a bank account linked to the card that I use to pay the bill, so it was no problem to have the rebate deposited to that account.

Back
Top Bottom