Covid Getting Closer to Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I have. And those folks are in jail as they should be. There are definitely bad docs out there who will do crap like that. There were people stockpiling hydroxychloroquine and later ivermectin, getting the prescriptions from shady doctors. It drives me crazy that there are health care professionals who will break every rule like that.

I hear you. I cringe whenever I read about lawyers misbehaving, as many have done. When society grants us enhanced power and privilege, we have a duty to be exceptionally trustworthy.

I was thinking the same thing. All those prescribers that were working the pain clinics have moved on doing something else that is probably just as shady. When we lived in ATL, there was a physician that had a horse farm not too far from us that had a bunch of pain clinics. He would have some epic parties...as in helicopters bringing in guests. His pain clinics have long been closed, but he's still living there and still having epic parties.

Don't get me started on the lawyer thing. It is an absolute pain the arse to get admitted to the "good 'ole boys club" (the character and reference process IMHO was *way* more arduous than any of my DoD security clearances) but once you are in, it sure seems like it is mighty tough to get kicked out of it.

Last edited:
^ The treatment options are hard to find. And apparently Sotrovimab doesn't work against Omicron B.2. This thing is a moving target!

I have wondered why the gummint hasn't demanded that companies make more therapeutics as they did with respirators. Just wondering so YMMV.

In Palm Springs, CA, restrictions requiring wearing masks indoors and requiring restaurants and bars to check proof of COVID vaccination or recent negative COVID test results prior to allowing entry are finally being lifted, effective 2/28. Hallelujah!

Where I live yesterday the county voted to continue indoor mask requirements. Hallelujah!

Where I live yesterday the county voted to continue indoor mask requirements. Hallelujah!

Love it. County voted? Thought we were supposed to follow the science. I guess it's now just majority rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom