COVID habits you've kept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll meet you 1/2 way. I'll shake your hand, but still hold my breath while doing it. With my other 1/2 being a physician, it's difficult to be excited when she gets home from a shift. The Vid is still around, but so are these currently: flesh eating bacteria causing deaths in our region, RSV, leprosy, and all kinds of 'stuff'.

Well, I never said I didn't have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket. :angel:

Seriously, I do. Especially for church handshakes.

Starting to see a few people wearing masks again as Covid numbers start up.

[emoji40] Been surprised to see more masks.

I probably said earlier I'd keep some like no hand shaking.

I've kept none.

I'm back to normal, shaking hands, keeping my face in the open, and back into stores. It is great.

It wasn't a COVID habit because I was never sick during COVID, so I'm not really keeping anything, and that is wearing a mask when I am sick. I will do so as a courtesy to others, and I will attempt to stay home as much as possible. When not sick, though, my chin is free to feel the sunshine.

Fist bumping is more common but not exclusive greeting... I prefer with acquaintances but more likely to shake hands with friends.

The best is early on in the shut down (not very long here in FL) my friends started meeting for sunrise walks along the waterfront watching the sun rise over Tampa Bay. The specific people vary a bit from week to week and some weeks it doesn't happen but more often than not we meet. It is a fun, soul-filling tradition at this point.

I think hand shaking is unsanitary and I never do it. I had tried to get my DH to stop before Covid -- now he is fist bumping like me.

I’m still masking for Covid in grocery stores and crowded venues.:blush:

I still mask when I go to my massage appointment as the therapist is usually very close to me, and the room is small.

I pay a lot more attention to ventilation.

Me, too.
I still go later in the evening if shopping in person, I carry a mask in my purse in case there are more people than I feel comfortable with wherever I am going, always have hand sanitizer in my purse and car.

^^^ In reference to number 3. A friend has a NFL playoff party every year. Conference championship day - 2 games. 15-20 guys sitting around in his basement for 6 hours watching football, eating and drinking.

I didn't go in 2020 or 2021. Went this year, and found out that 7 of the guys there caught covid at last year's party. No word yet as to this year's party Covid tally.

Reading this interesting thread for the first time.

Ronstar, that sounds like a fun party. Was everyone OK afterwards?

Last edited:
I hardly ever go places any more. For one thing, I can't drive since my vision has kept me from getting my driver's license renewed. I order everything non-perishable online. And then, Frank is more than happy to pick up anything else for me that I might need or want, when he goes to the store. We used to eat lunch at restaurants a lot, but now he brings take-out food over to my house for nearly every meal, and we eat together here. He has never had Covid so I think maybe he is immune to it or something.

He does drive me to the doctor, and to get lab tests. Those places no longer require masking here, so we really don't do that. Also they are not at all crowded, usually 1-2 others in the waiting room. He gets my prescriptions at the Walgreens drive-through.

I don't miss going places as much as I thought I would. It's just how life is for us in 2023.

I still carry 2 masks in my purse, but haven't used either for a very long time (maybe a year?). Frank is feeling very rebellious about ever wearing a mask again, so if/when that comes up, it should be interesting to watch. :LOL: As for me, I don't mind if it makes another person feel safer.

I don't even wash my hands 3049875 times/day any more, either. It's going to be hard to adjust to old Covid habits if/when things change back to the way they were.

Never developed any "Covid habits" thank goodness....Since Covid I am less confident and less trusting of government....and more suspicious.

Starting about 10 to 14 days before leaving on a long and expensive trip/vacation, I avoid large crowds full of strangers. No point in catching Covid, the flu, or a cold just before a trip.

We mask on aircraft, and would mask up at an outdoor concert.
I can't imagine being comfortable in a crowded indoor venue. Thinking back, i never really was :)
We have started doing more dining in again.

In general, we follow the CDC recommendations. We may mask on our flights to and from Greece in October. It's not a burden and it may help.

In general, we follow the CDC recommendations. We may mask on our flights to and from Greece in October. It's not a burden and it may help.
Airplanes and airports are generally very crowded. Definitely the airplane is a mash of humanity especially during boarding and deplaning. Once the plane is well airborne and my now HEPA filtered air vent is flowing I’m comfortable unmasking for food/drinks but keep it on the rest of the time.

Very few mask on planes/in airports these days, but given the unbelievable number of people mashed together and constantly changing it seems wise to do so, not just for Covid but other communicable diseases.

We also now sit where there are just the two of us in the row. This usually means the front of the plane. We've still got plenty of pandemic era unspent travel funds to accommodate this.

Airplanes and airports are generally very crowded. Definitely the airplane is a mash of humanity especially during boarding and deplaning. Once the plane is well airborne and my now HEPA filtered air vent is flowing I’m comfortable unmasking for food/drinks but keep it on the rest of the time.

Very few mask on planes/in airports these days, but given the unbelievable number of people mashed together and constantly changing it seems wise to do so, not just for Covid but other communicable diseases.

We also now sit where there are just the two of us in the row. This usually means the front of the plane. We've still got plenty of pandemic era unspent travel funds to accommodate this.

We will be be in first class for our trip.

I used to fly a lot when I was working and in the 1990’s I was badly ill once and hospitalized once immediately after returning from a transatlantic flight because of viruses I caught on the trip, and the overseas business trips were always Business Class. I never knew whether I picked up the viruses on land, sea or air, but airports and planes have got to be a big potential.

One time I was flying back from Belgium and the guy across the aisle from me, in Business Class, was on his way back from India and he was really sick, sweating and feeling very poorly, so it was a tense week for me afterwards wondering if I might have caught something.

I probably said earlier I'd keep some like no hand shaking.

I've kept none.

I'm back to normal, shaking hands, keeping my face in the open, and back into stores. It is great.

It wasn't a COVID habit because I was never sick during COVID, so I'm not really keeping anything, and that is wearing a mask when I am sick. I will do so as a courtesy to others, and I will attempt to stay home as much as possible. When not sick, though, my chin is free to feel the sunshine.

That's pretty much where I am, back to normal. I wore masks diligently during covid, stayed home and isolated when I had even remote symptoms. I got vaccinated as soon as I could and will get updated with the next jab. But i'm pretty much done with this. If humans have to live with masks during the rest of our tenure on this planet I'm done with it. I'll do my part to not expose others but it's gonna be spending a lot of time isolated on my remote property!

OK, OK, you got me. Even though a few posts back I defiantly said I had no new habits and that my chin will forever see sunshine, it turns out I will continue to make an exception for airports and airplanes.

I shared on the COVID experience thread that airports and airplanes were a disaster when we took our trip last late June. There was coughing everywhere, and the boy behind us on the plane coughed the entire time. Masks aren't perfect, but they help, so we'll continue to use them in airports and airplanes.

We didn't get it at the airport/airplane. So our trip started good. The problem was someone in our tour group got it on their travels to the tour and started presenting symptoms start of tour. It was only a matter of days the rest of us got it since the tour bus was too cozy no matter what precautions were taken. We did the 14 days of isolation before our trip, which assured us a good first few days. Then it went to hell after.

Then coming home, WE were the problem. We had to get home. We were very diligent to wear masks to try to avoid spreading it to fellow passengers. Did we do a good job? I don't know. We tried. But we were now part of the problem at airports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom