CSI - Committee for Skeptical Inquiry

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Dex,
Thanks. That's a great site. They are doing some great work in battling the blather that surrounds us.

That group debunks certain claims.

Dr. Joe Nickell (PHD) is associated with the organization... he is an interesting person. He was a University professor.

He has an interesting side line also establishes the provenance for historical documents and artifacts.

I used to subscribe back in the days they called themselves CSICOP (I think it was Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal). Interesting outfit and interesting articles but it got to be to much of the same stuff after a while. Still, they are worth supporting just to encourage continuing vigilance and research debunking seemingly credible, but ultimately baseless, extraordinary claims. The name of the magazine - Skeptical Inquirer - is great.

I'm confident enough that "paranormal" phenom are "bunk" already. Says so right in my horoscope... :p

Of course, their "science" may cross the line. I used to read them but found them too dogmatic. They came across as those who were convinced that everything had been explained and people were just out to trick them rather than looking at the fact. Pity the next Galileo.

I would have been more comfortable with them if they said for certain cases that their research was inconclusive.

Back
Top Bottom