cyst in wrist

Mine is on the top of the wrist-grape sized. First appeared (smaller) when I was about 10. Dr. was not concerned, and it went away. Re-appeared about 15 years later, also went away after a month or so. Just came back in the last few months. Starting to feel a little arthritic. Keeping an eye on it.

if it is a ganglion cyst... not a big deal. I've had them in/near many different joint. I've done stupid things like stick a pin in and drain them. Don't do that. Many you can put pressure on and have the fluid drain from the sack back into the body. Its just joint fluid that has leaked out the where it should be and has collected in a place/sack.
I have some near finger joints that I push on and the bubble reduces and comes back again. So far not a big deal. I've had them on an off for many years.
Don't stick pins in to drain them as you may risk infection (I never had that), but is risks complications. Hitting with a book risks breaking something else. They really don't seem to be a health threat.

I have something on my left hand but how do you know it's a cyst? I know my doctor checked but didn't say anything.

Well at least you checked it out to be sure. I had one spring up on my wrist about 3-4 years ago. Nasty little things as I dont like things growing on my body. I was told about the "Bible treatment" but was to much of a wimp to do it. It briefly almost faded away and then came back for a few more weeks. After a few months it got tired of hanging on my wrist and ran away somewhere and never returned.

This was probably stupid, but I first went to a doctor. After I found out what he would charge to remove it, I hit it with a telephone book. It worked.

I had one under the ankle bone years ago. It never hurt but bothered me just because it was there. It finally went away on its own. Just one day it was gone.

My friend had a rather large one near her wrist bone. I believe she had it aspirated. I never heard her complain about that again.

I'd not want to smack it. 😮 Yuck.

Had one about 10 years ago underside of wrist. Just popped up one day and noticed in shower. Had no idea what it was so went to Dr. Decided I'd just live with it, named it Bob. After about six months I got tired of Bob and having people ask about it (was size of a marble) so had him removed.

Colleague suggested the name, our boss's name was Bob.

Don't want to jinx things, but an update on that cyst on my wrist.

Looking today, that darn thing has almost disappeared on by itself.

I'm going to still avoid using that wrist to work the manual (push down lever) juicer as that's how I think the cyst came about in the first place.

But, all things considered, I'm back to being a happy camper :D.

I wonder if the acupuncture doctor can prick these type of cysts.
could they... likely, will they? don't know.

I used a pin to drain one with no issue, but you do risk infections in doing this. I have one now on a finger that fills up and I just push on it to push the fluid back into the body. That is not all that gross as you just push on skin.

It is likely good not to mess with them too much. A little pressure to pop them is likely OK. I've not had one bad enough that I would have a doctor do anything with them.

Back
Top Bottom