Deciding on VHDYX...

Pilot2013

Full time employment: Posting here.
tomorrow (20k). Any reason not to go in before year end? I think I saw something on a different thread about not going in at YE....

You want to make sure you do not buy before the ex-dividend date. You would owe taxes on income you did not really earn.

Looks like the dividend is out, so I don't see an "end of year issue."

tomorrow (20k). Any reason not to go in before year end? I think I saw something on a different thread about not going in at YE....

Vanguard High Dividend Yield Index Inv VHDYX

Dividend 12/20/17 so no problem now in a taxable account. Never a problem in a tax sheltered account.

do you know if VHDYX has significant embedded gains? I tend to avoid MF in taxable accounts because of experiences with large MF distributions after many years of good performance. I have switched to ETFs in taxable accounts. YMMV

do you know if VHDYX has significant embedded gains? I tend to avoid MF in taxable accounts because of experiences with large MF distributions after many years of good performance. I have switched to ETFs in taxable accounts. YMMV

I do not know. Am also looking at VWINX. both of these have transaction fees (my account is with Fidelity), but I haven't found NTF funds wiht Fidelity that appear to be comparable so far.

Back
Top Bottom