Deep cycle/RV batteries?

I don't think so... :rolleyes:

Glad you're enjoying it - sounds just right for your needs.

The trailmanors look real nice and have a great reputation, but they have two drawbacks:

- I don't see a bunkhouse model, which is a big issue with small kids who would rather than fool around in a shared bed than sleep

- Don't see how you can quickly make a pit stop in a parking lot without taking the time to raise the camper. Important consideration with kids not that far out of potty training.

But maybe some day.

You might want to spend a few $ on a low-output solar charger, deep cycle batteries seem to like being tickled a bit, and will stay topped off when the trailer is sitting in your driveway all week between trips. Make sure you get one with an automatic shut-off.

Brewer our travel Trailer has a bunk house for all the same reason you listed.

Regarding your battery. I bought a Solar charge panel for the off months and just hook it up while disconnecting everytihing else so that the battery is trickle charged during the winter. If you let the battery get to discharged it will freeze and then you will have to buy another. I use the Solar panel so I do not have to leave AC power connected all the time when it is stored. They are about $50.

Just another option but you definitely need to check and monitor the water level. The Hygrometer?(SP) is cheap and easy to use and will show if a cell is bad which will limit how long the battery will last between charging.

Happy camping!

Back
Top Bottom