Delta SkyMiles < American Airline Miles

bank5

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone use Delta SkyMiles to book flights? I have about 80,000 miles from a credit card but it seems like a hassle to find decent flights with the miles.

I've used American Airline miles before and it works much better and requires a lot less miles. For future credit cards I'll probably stick with AA and cash back cards and stay away from Delta.

Booked sky miles for several years, and noticed increasing difficulty finding flights with reasonable schedules over the last few years. So, we switched to a cash-back card. Figured we'd rather have cash to spend on tickets, and it would give us quite a bit more flexibility.

I noticed this too when I was looking at spending a couple bucks to get enough Delta miles to get a free flight. Well, the "free" flight cost a good bit of money, and had a couple too many connections and 12 hour long layovers to make it worthwhile. I'd rather just pay the $200-300 out of pocket and get a reasonable schedule on the airline of my choosing.

I did notice in comparison that united has a really good mileage program. I prefer the cashback to miles regardless though because cash is more flexible.

I have only used my Delta miles for 1 round trip flight, so far. It was the flight I wanted (one I take regularly) and I only had to pay some sort of a usage fee. It might have been $75....can't really remember now.

I didn't have any problems and don't remember anything unusual about booking the flight online.

I use Delta miles and it works well for me. We just booked a trip online from Boston to San Diego for 25K miles. They've improved their website and you now can book a trip with ease. You can also pay partially in miles if you choose so.

I use Delta miles and it works well for me. We just booked a trip online from Boston to San Diego for 25K miles.

Damn, you must have had about 2 months of flexibility in your exact
travel dates. Or else somebody in Delta management had a little shame,
or very possibility some of those gov't regulators got after 'em.

I just booked a vacation trip for the DW's parents, using some of my UA miles. . I could have used DL, but it would have required a connection thru Atlanta (Doesn't DELTA stand for Damn! Everythng Leaves Through Atlanta- or maybe it's Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive; I can never remember which)? They preferred the UA connections, so that is what we went with.

With the DL/NW merger I was recently given the option of combining my miles, with a small bonus for doing so. I did, and now have 200K+ DL SkyMiles. Never had any real problem trying to use them in the past, understanding that they don't offer them for every seat on every flight.

As a FF with over 2.5 million actual flight miles, I don't think DL is any worse than the other carriers on redeeming mileage- granted, most of mine is paid mileage, not credit card miles, maybe the award programs are different.

Back
Top Bottom