Detroit-Sad post-apocalyptic images

Some good points, but half-truths too.
Amazing how nothing was written about either the chronic high crime or the decades of corruption, facilitated by essentially complete 1-party rule, which wasted countless $$$ millions from the city itself as well as its pension funds.
Most dangerous U.S. cities - Detroit (1) - CNNMoney
Timeline: Kilpatrick public corruption case from 2001 to 2013 | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Detroit FBI Announces Multi-Agency Task Force To Combat Corruption
Detroit emergency manager launches pension corruption probe | Reuters

Nothing kills prospects of serious outside investment like a long tradition of crime and corruption :(

Some good points, but half-truths too.
Amazing how nothing was written about either the chronic high crime or the decades of corruption, facilitated by essentially complete 1-party rule, which wasted countless $$$ millions from the city itself as well as its pension funds.
Most dangerous U.S. cities - Detroit (1) - CNNMoney
Timeline: Kilpatrick public corruption case from 2001 to 2013 | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Detroit FBI Announces Multi-Agency Task Force To Combat Corruption
Detroit emergency manager launches pension corruption probe | Reuters

Nothing kills prospects of serious outside investment like a long tradition of crime and corruption :(
Rest assured all of these points and more are covered daily in the Free Press "comments wars" between city residents and suburbanites - and have been for half a century. :(

Rest assured all of these points and more are covered daily in the Free Press "comments wars" between city residents and suburbanites - and have been for half a century. :(

I'm well aware of that being from metro Detroit & still reading FP regularly. My reference was to that specific linked article.
I am saddened that it all came to this, and sad that I still sense no real camaraderie in turning things around.

Back
Top Bottom