Dick Van Dyke Rescued From Burning Car

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Dick Van Dyke is doing OK after he was rescued from his burning sports car on the 101 Freeway in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon.

According to TMZ, the actor, 87, was extracted from his Jaguar by Jason Pennington, who pulled over when he saw a car engulfed in smoke on the freeway and discovered that the person trapped inside was Van Dyke.

Dick Van Dyke rescued from burning car

I wonder how is Rob gonna explain this to Mary when he gets home? :LOL:

Attachments

• image-972121466.jpg
    image-972121466.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 3
Wow - I'm amazed he's still alive, let alone driving a jaguar on highway 101. Sounds like he's a healthy 87!

I got my characters mixed up Of course, what Rob is gonna tell Laura Petrie, not Mary Richards :facepalm:

Heard him on "Wait Wait" a couple of years ago. Cool guy and still extremely sharp.

An odd story on so many levels. Maybe he was just cleaning the car's chimney--remember he was a chimney sweep in Mary Poppins?
How could I forget? That was the one role that etched him permanently into my childhood memories. Unless I haven't been paying attention, he hasn't been up to much (in the public eye) recently, so I wasn't even sure whether he was still around or not. In my mind, he has existed as an almost mythical character rather than a real person. Such was the power of Mary Poppins!

Very glad he's OK.

Chitty Chitty Bang! Bang! Seems like the most appropriate movie reference here! I'm glad he's OK. I thought he had died years ago.

Dick and his wife are quite blasé on twitter about the incident, as if sitting in a burning Jaguar waiting to be pulled out is just the most normal thing in the world. I love it.

Chitty Chitty Bang! Bang! Seems like the most appropriate movie reference here! I'm glad he's OK. I thought he had died years ago.
That movie too. One of the few possessions from my childhood that I still have is a small model of that car.

Like others, I was surprised he was still alive. I also was a big CCBB fan growing up. They just made better kids' movies back then.

I live within sight of the 101 freeway. Dick Van Dyke is active in local theater, so I see his name pop up in local news stories every once in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom