Do banks have ratings?

Midsize and larger banks typically have public ratings from Moody's, S&P and sometimes Fitch.

I prefer credit union to banks. Bank objective (maximize profits/shareholder value) can only be achieved through expense of customers. Lately, WF comes to mind. After the Great Depression, bank size was limited/regulated. I believe(?) this was undone in the seventies. We now live with "too big to fail."

When someone tells me how honest, ethical, religious, etc they are, I have to wonder what motivates them to make such a claim. Again, WF comes to mind. If you have to tell me, I have serious doubt. YMMV.

I recently ran across an outfit called Bauer Financial that issues ratings for banks and credit unions. Is anyone familiar with them? How are they different from the others?

I recently ran across an outfit called Bauer Financial that issues ratings for banks and credit unions. Is anyone familiar with them? How are they different from the others?

I wish bankrate ratings were based on things like low fees, high rates and good service.

I wish bankrate ratings were based on things like low fees, high rates and good service.

I'm looking for the health of the bank to avoid running long term CDs through the FDIC process, so bankrate does just fine by me. The OP was looking for strength and security of the institution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom