Does anyone use Fidelity's Full View?

tenant13

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just have 2 questions about Spending tab: are you seeing your credit cards accounts under the Spending tab? And do you have issues with adding Amex?

Well, it's not perfect - nothing is - but I don't use Personal Capital anymore (or Empower as it's known now) so I'm trying to get this to work. It mostly does.

It wouldn’t recognize accounts. It categorized my entire taxable account - invested in a variety of things - as cash.

Its lack of usefulness motivated me to create my own financial dashboard spreadsheet that I now use daily. It’s more accurate, robust and reliable than Fullview.

There was a whole thread on the Fidelity forum about the issues related to it. I am surprised Fidelity continues to support it.

Last edited:
I found FV works most of the time but it seems to have trouble with CC accounts from time to time. I had to figure out how to get my Visa loaded again. It took about 2 months and a lot of trial and error for ME to fix it. I recovered all of my data and mostly works well again except…

My DW and I each have have AMX cards. They both show the same total on the summary of expenses. But individual transactions are traced properly on the ‘statement’ page. Given my previous aggravation, I am just letting that go.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha.

It’s a mess. I left it long ago.

Been using it for a few years now, it's fine. But I don't bother with CCs or anything else, just investments and cash accounts. Everything can be categorized as you wish but almost all of the default assignments worked pretty well for me.

Only regular issue I see is that my 401k (hosted by Fido) is often not updated every day, it lags a day behind sometimes. Tried repeatedly to get them to fix it but no luck, and it makes no sense since it's all at Fido not some other broker.

Last edited:
I use it but only as a place where I get all of the data I need to monitor my portfolio. The only thing I don't use there is data from TreasuryDirect as I have another way to keep track of it that's easier. Consolidation of accounts into Fidelity has been going on for a few years now and by about this time next year, after my final True-Up with my existing 401K at my current employer and I roll it all over to my IRA, everything will be at Fidelity. So won't need Full View after that. Can't imagine keeping track of things like credit cards and such there.

Cheers.

I have been using it for years.

I have 5 debit cards all syncing with no issues. As I have customized category rules (easy to do) - it works pretty well, maybe 95%+ right. There’s always a new store/purchase that I may want categorized differently for some reason.

It’s very convenient to get daily updates, and I get my NW usually within a few minutes of market closing. Occasionally, a mutual fund, non-fidelity may not be updated for a couple hours after market close.

I export all data (easy to do), monthly into a spreadsheet for additional tracking that I like (using excel pivot tables)

The only thing I don't use there is data from TreasuryDirect as I have another way to keep track of it that's easier.

Can you track TD holdings with Fullview? I don't use it currently buy I can see trying it if I could incorporate TD.

I use it and it works well for all my investment and overall NW tracking. Have for years. I don't pay attention to the spending tracker, so I would not know how accurate that is.

I see my Fidelity and Chase CC spending there, along with other debits (transfers, etc.), but I normally just use it to track total NW and investable assets. I have entered spending in the retirement planner to get a handle on necessary spending by category (utilities, property tax, vet bills and boarding, etc.), and CC analysis to analyze consumer spending by category (restaurants, groceries, etc.).

I use Personal Capital for asset tracking.

And Mint for expense tracking.

Maybe just use Full View for asset tracking?

I use Personal Capital for asset tracking.

And Mint for expense tracking.

Maybe just use Full View for asset tracking?

The reason I want to use expense tracking is that Full View can use the data for budgeting.

I've used Full View for a few years now, but like others only use it for assets - 99% of which are at Fidelity. I have detailed Quicken reports for expenses, but might play with Full View at some point.

There was a whole thread on the Fidelity forum about the issues related to it. I am surprised Fidelity continues to support it.

Where is this Fidelity Forum? The only forum I know of is the "Greenline Forum" which over the years, has only been for Fidelity marketeers solicting confirmation of how wonderful they are.

Where is this Fidelity Forum? The only forum I know of is the "Greenline Forum" which over the years, has only been for Fidelity marketeers solicting confirmation of how wonderful they are.

That’s not it. There is a Fidelity investment forum similar to this forum. I think they have 100k plus users. Good group. You have to qualify to join. Check your summary page for a link to apply. See graphics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 45
I just have 2 questions about Spending tab: are you seeing your credit cards accounts under the Spending tab? And do you have issues with adding Amex?

I can't edit my original post but both issues resolved themselves a day or two later. I have to manually relabel some transactions but most are fine. If spending is indeed tracked properly within Full View then I'll be happy - it's an extension to FireCalc.

That’s not it. There is a Fidelity investment forum similar to this forum. I think they have 100k plus users. Good group. You have to qualify to join. Check your summary page for a link to apply. See graphics attached.

I looked, but guess I don't qualify. Sounds like you have to be a active trader to get an invitation. I couldn't find a Boring Mutual Fund forum.

I looked, but guess I don't qualify. Sounds like you have to be a active trader to get an invitation. I couldn't find a Boring Mutual Fund forum.

I own four funds, an ETF and a boatload of bonds. Not really an active trader and they let me in.

Interesting. There's no mention of that on my home page, and searching for "fidelity investor community" finds nothing.

When they thumbed their nose at me a few years ago over TurboTax, telling me that my 30+ year relationship with them "was insufficient", I moved half of my accounts out to Schwab for a nice bonus. Time to check with my Schwab rep again.

Interesting. There's no mention of that on my home page, and searching for "fidelity investor community" finds nothing.

When they thumbed their nose at me a few years ago over TurboTax, telling me that my 30+ year relationship with them "was insufficient", I moved half of my accounts out to Schwab for a nice bonus. Time to check with my Schwab rep again.

The qualifications for the free TurboTax are mysterious, but keep in mind it’s really a bonus worth ~ $100.
The Fidelity forum, exclusive or not, is worthwhile. The “tile” with the invitation may be hid, just like the TT free offer. You may have to toggle between beta and legacy views or add tiles to see it.

Last edited:
Schwab gave me a bonus big enough to pay for TT every year for maybe 50 years.

Some new reps in the local Fidelity office invited me in awhile back, claiming to want to grow relationships with self-directed people like me. They fell all over themselves apologizing for TT and trying to lure my assets back from Schwab. I haven't heard from them in maybe a year. Maybe I'll ping them about this and say "hey guys, it's happening again".

Schwab gave me a bonus big enough to pay for TT every year for maybe 50 years.

Some new reps in the local Fidelity office invited me in awhile back, claiming to want to grow relationships with self-directed people like me. They fell all over themselves apologizing for TT and trying to lure my assets back from Schwab. I haven't heard from them in maybe a year. Maybe I'll ping them about this and say "hey guys, it's happening again".

Have you checked all the tiles?

Fidelity Viewpoints Market Sense Midyear Outlook
Exclusive offer: save time and monty on your mortgage
Markets
Top News
News about your investments
Your top and bottom movers
Market movers
Your portfolio events
IRA contributions

That is all.

Fidelity Viewpoints Market Sense Midyear Outlook