Doggy Goggles Needed

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So I was watching CBS This Morning and the show had a preview of the upcoming 60 Minutes where dogs (breed similar to German Shepard) are on the Navy Seals team and even jump out of the airplane with a special harness and the Navy Seal partner clutching the dog to the chest. The first thing I said was "poor doggy" as falling down up to 100 mph, no goggles. I am surprised the wind doesn't dry up their eyes big time.

I have seen doggy goggles being marketed (for doggies who liketo ride with their heads sticking out of the vehicle or in the back of pickup trucks).

You can get Doggles here:

HomeDoggles Online

I have a female Jack Russell Terrier that went blind 6 yrs ago. She wears the goggles when we walk her so she doesn't poke out her eyes if she sticks her head into a bush. When people trim their bushes they leave lots of sharp twigs at her eye level. They work very well for this. I wouldn't use them for skydiving though.

Attachments

• Ruby with goggles.jpg
    Ruby with goggles.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
When visiting my folks in FL a couple of years ago, there was a guy riding a motorcycle with a sidecar - his german shepherd rode in the sidecar and was wearing doggles.

Our little Ruben has doggles. We decided that since he liked riding with his head out the window at 60 mph and his eyelids were on the verge of peeling off, we'd best do something to protect his eyes. Now he can bask in the wind as we cruise down country roads.

Back
Top Bottom