Door on newer refrigerator rusting. Ugh.

JP.mpls

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm just whining a little today.

My 1.5 year old fancy Samsung refrigerator has rust on the door, under the water/ice dispenser.

I really have only used it 6 months in my winter townhome.

Of course it isn't covered under warranty.

The place I bought it from doesn't want to give me a quote for replacing the door, unless I pay them $150 to have their technician come out to diagnose a rusty door.

I did stay calm about this. If this is my biggest problem, I'm doing good.

Cheap old guy is going to try taping it off, sanding, and spray painting the rusty edge.
Nothing to lose are my thoughts.

Anyone have great luck with a modern refrigerator brand? I'm interested.

Take care,
JP

Rust on the edge. No scratches.
It seems to be bubbling up from under the water dispenser insert. IMG_20231027_141401313.jpg

Of course it isn't covered under warranty.

The place I bought it from doesn't want to give me a quote for replacing the door, unless I pay them $150 to have their technician come out to diagnose a rusty door. ....

Anyone have great luck with a modern refrigerator brand? I'm interested.

I will be very unlikely to ever buy any appliance from somewhere that is not Costco. Especially with their visa, I get massive extra warranty support (2 years normally), and zero shenanigans. Couple that with free delivery/install/haul aways, well worth the membership if I never bought anything else there.

Sorry to hear that. Several years ago we bought a very high end (we thought) GE microwave that matches the GE stove beneath it. About a year after we bought it, the silver paper that covers the microwave door handle started to peel off.

We now have a very nice kitchen ... except for this ratty, part plastic, part silver paper microwave door.

Can replace the handle? No. You need a new door ... which is about the cost of replacing the whole unit. No more GE appliances for us. Ever.

We now have a very nice kitchen ... except for this ratty, part plastic, part silver paper microwave door.

Can replace the handle? No. You need a new door ... which is about the cost of replacing the whole unit. No more GE appliances for us. Ever.

Is any other brand any better? Seems that none of them are putting any effort into the details.

-ERD50

Sorry to hear that. Several years ago we bought a very high end (we thought) GE microwave that matches the GE stove beneath it. About a year after we bought it, the silver paper that covers the microwave door handle started to peel off.

We must have the same model. Idk how much mine costed. It came with the house. I was surprised how cheaply made it is and when I replace it, I’ll avoid GE.

I’m surprised that OP is having a problem with a Samsung appliance. I’ve never owned a Samsung, but I like LG appliances and always thought they are similar.

I've noticed our water dispenser on ours (not LG) drips after getting a glass of water, and it runs down the door.

I guess it could end up doing like OP's. I wonder if OP's is from water drips hitting the edge like ours ?

Back
Top Bottom