DQOTD: Taxable Income Ranges for 2026 & Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just planning in the event we go back to 2017 tax brackets again when TCJA is scheduled to sunset, what will the corresponding taxable income ranges be for each bracket? I have looked and haven't found anything on my own.

Just trying to plan whether we have a sunset or an extension.

I know we'd be going from 10%-12%-22%-24%-32%-35%-37% TO 10%-15%-25%-28%-33%-35%-39.6%, asking about the corresponding taxable income $ amounts.

Bonus questions: 2026 standard deductions, CG $ brackets?

Someone has to do the inflation indexed brackets. I suppose you could take the 2024 brackets and use today’s dollars? Just switch percentages starting 2026.

I don’t think the ranges changed before, just the percentages and inflation adjustment.

Someone has to do the inflation indexed brackets. I suppose you could take the 2024 brackets and use today’s dollars? Just switch percentages starting 2026.

I don’t think the ranges changed before, just the percentages and inflation adjustment.

The TCJA changed both the percentages *and* the ranges. If the TCJA sunsets as scheduled, the rates and ranges will change.

Midpack, I asked the same question in a different thread recently which produced some answers:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/2026-tax-brackets-118930.html

The standard deduction will drop quite a bit if it sunsets. I believe the personal exemptions also make a return, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

There are so many changes, I'm not sure if one can even reasonably predict what their 2026 tax liability will be.

Thank you SecondCor, sorry I missed that, I'll ask the mods to delete this thread.

No need to delete, we can close it and anyone interested can follow the link graciously provided by SecodnCor521

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom