DQOTD: When to See Doctor, Pain Level?

I have an appt for the 16th, first available so he must be good?

Good luck - hope they'll figure it out! I have to say, your symptoms as well as your story of how it came about sounds eerily familiar to me. In my case, I was on a transatlantic flight. Semi-reclining business class seats back then. Felt perfectly fine when I reclined my seat to take a nap. When I woke and tried to get up, huge pain in my right knee. No idea what I did, but hurt like the Dickens. Just like you, I waited for a couple of months and the pain fluctuated between 3/10 and 9/10. X-ray didn't show anything but MRI revealed a torn meniscus. Scheduled outpatient surgery (laparoscopic - just a couple of small incisions). Took some time and exercising to get full range of motion back, but was basically pain-free after a few weeks. Well worth it! Haven't had an issue with it since (15 years - knock on wood!).

Midpack, if it is a torn meniscus I would think that as very good news, easily fixed. About 5 years ago I tore my meniscus dancing. It was bad, barely could walk. Within 2 weeks I had outpatient surgery to repair it. In a week I was walking around just fine without pain and in 2 weeks I was back dancing (but I did not tell my surgeon that). The only thing that took a while was the ability to go down stairs normally.

Back
Top Bottom