drilling through rock

samclem said:
Some bad news. Greg. They use quite a bit more pesticide per acre (hectare) in Europe than in the US. Because of the big agricultural subsidies, the farmers can afford to spray much more of the rather costly insecticides/herbicides/fungicides per acre than would make economic sense in the US. Another unintended consequence of govt protectionism/subsidies. Bon apetite!

Or maybe greedy, self interested agribusiness! Don't simplify too quickly :LOL: :LOL: If it's not one thing it's another. So now I need to Google 'pesticides and olive oil;' I had no idea olive trees had big pest/fungus problems.

But I still think doing something is better than doing nothing. This past week, for me, involves getting rid of all the plastic crapola that burns and then flakes into food. I'm slowly getting rid of all teflon-ware, etc. I pulled out all the old cast iron pans, bla, bla. bla.

I'll just keep doing a few obvious and non-extreme things as they seem important to me, plus more fresh foods, less canned stuff when possible.

And, also, I was at the Mall yesterday talking to a fellow selling walnut, oak, and maple cribbage boards. He had some very fancy designs on some of them, moose and elk and such. He said he did it with an etching laser. I fished around and he finally told me that the laser he uses now costs $70K. He's got to sell quite a few cribbage boards at $20-$50 a pop to make money off that piece of equipment. It sort of ends up being a full time job. ::)

Back
Top Bottom